The mechanical engineer will perform design and engineering duties supporting the companies manufacturing pre-cooling, cold storage, and post-harvest technology equipment.
Required Experience: 10 + years of relevant experience
Required Education: Bachelor’s Degree in mechanical engineering licensed in Arizona and California.
Travel Required: Estimated up to 10%
- Possess an undergraduate degree in Mechanical Engineering from an accredited college or university.
- Agriculture pre-cooling and equipment design and manufacturing experience desired.
- Requires U.S. Citizenship.
- Be self-motivated, able to perform and solve problems independently and take the initiative to make sound decisions with minimal oversight.
- Possess good written and oral communication skills
- Proficiency in computer design software programs including: AutoCAD, Solid Works , Estimating systems, MS Office (Outlook, Excel, PowerPoint, et.) MS Project & Visio, Adobe Acrobat, and other various design and project scheduling software.
- Experience with 3-D Design Modeling a must.
- Designs new bin washers, ice injectors, tubes, hydro coolers and other mechanical equipment and systems.
- Design pre cooling and cold storage facilities.
- Evaluates design objectives, performs complex technical calculations, identifies economical and efficient procedures for design and resolves applicability of criteria.
- Prepares manufacturing and construction plans on AutoCAD /Solid Works and prepares layouts and develops shop and construction drawings to be used by technicians in manufacturing and or modification of equipment and facilities.
- Prepares technical specifications, material estimates, correspondence, technical reports, and design memoranda.
- Control System Engineering (Automatic Control – Electrical engineering) a real plus
- Structural Engineering (structural analysis) experience.
- Prepares detailed cost estimates for assigned projects and assigned portions of projects.
- Leads or assists with the development of design-bid-build packages and development of Requests for Proposal (RFPs) for design-build projects.
- Makes site visits to identify and eliminate design and engineering issues.
- Prepares detailed engineering economic analyses to produce more efficient manufacturing operations.
- Provides solutions to mechanical construction and manufacturing issues.
- Coordinates reviews and recommends approval action of shop drawings, submittals, and O&M manuals submitted on construction projects.
WHAT CANDIDATES SAY ABOUT THIS RECRUITER:
Scott was very great to work with. I always knew where I stood in the process, had great response time with him and was a great person just to talk to and bounce ideas off of. I highly recommend him and feel as if I made a great friend in the process.