HRIS Manager - Workday
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Under the direction of the Director of Human Resources, the HRIS Manager is responsible for the support and maintenance of HR systems. This position is charged with leading and driving technology initiatives and projects that span all HR disciplines. Responsibilities include: identifying how to leverage HR systems and/or application functionality more effectively, proactively recommending and driving process improvements and innovative solutions to add value to the business, defining and configuring systems, and reporting changes in support of business strategy and process.
Essential Functions of the Job
• Manage, execute, and communicates system upgrades to stakeholders while maintaining data integrity.
• Administers the design, selection, and implementation, of HRIS system, databases, and third party vendors, to include: testing of new systems/solutions and/or updates, reporting and analysis, system interfaces, and configuration of HCM-provided solutions.
• Ability to access and navigate technology to include programming, troubleshooting, and testing in HRIS and external platforms i.e. BadgeX, E-Verify, Career Builder, NetSuite, etc.
• Supports multiple integrations and file transfers with external providers.
• Partner with HR process owners to develop strategies, objectives, and roadmaps for HRIS applications that are in alignment with functional goals.
• Configures HRIS across multiple HR disciplines including compensation, recruiting, absence management, learning, time management, benefits, payroll, and talent management in support of business strategy and process.
• Partner with HR process owners and cross-functional stakeholders (Total Rewards, Talent, IT, Finance etc.) to define business requirements and translate business needs into multi-year and tactical system implementation plans, including project prioritization, scheduling, and resource planning in partnership with Director of Human Resources.
• Provide management with subject matter expertise for HRIS operational decisions.
• Monitor team timelines, milestones, and deliverables including testing and execution.
• Provides support for escalation of issues and roadblocks.
• Serve as the steward of user experience for the HR applications supported; monitor system adoption and user feedback; ensure the development of processes, tools, support materials, and training to maximize system adoption.
• Lead the implementation of process improvements and innovative tools for the HR function with the goal of increasing overall efficiency, effectiveness, and user experience, identifying gaps in business processes, and work to develop solutions to address gaps efficiently and effectively.
• Manage the project plan and status reporting for projects in the area of responsibility, in partnership with Director of Human Resources as appropriate.
• Act as the liaison between HR process owners and HRIS team.
• Participate in system testing prior to implementations, upgrades, and enhancements to ensure a stable and well-functioning application in partnership with HRIS team.
• Provide support to end-users of HRIS application, answering questions about the application, following up on any reported issues, and ensuring timely and reliable responses.
• Respond to internal and external audit requests as needed.
• Maintain knowledge of current industry thinking and trends, and regularly communicate thought leadership in this area as necessary.
• Support the continued development of HRIS methodologies, tools, and best practices
• Ensure that all configuration and development solutions are properly documented and tested.
• Translate functional requirements into technical specifications for development, data mapping, function mapping, setting of development tables, and setting of transaction/control tables.
• Identifies critical deficiencies in the Workday HR architecture (and interfaces).
• In partnership with key stakeholders (IT, Finance, HR) Establishes and manages a portfolio of existing suppliers, vendors, and systems that support HR goals, objectives, and delivery.
• Performs periodic assessments and executes appropriate vendor governance.
• Develops system training material and business process documentation.
• Reviews, analyzes and recommends metrics for reporting employee-related information.
• Implements new functionality and modules in Workday.
• Works with HR process owners collaboratively to understand the operational impact of proposed changes to benefits and compensation and oversees the implementation of program/plan changes and new programs/plans.
• Testing and auditing new process changes within HR systems for accuracy ensuring all is working as expected.
• Acts as subject matter expert for all HR ensuring that the EEOC requirements are adhered to.
• Performs project management duties in conjunction with staffing plans, performance management, budgeting, etc.
• Provide technical guidance and coaching to more junior resources on the team as needed.
Other Duties and Responsibilities
• Attends seminars and workshops annually for continued professional growth and development.
• Performs other duties, which are deemed by management to be an integral part of the job.
Qualifications (required unless stated otherwise):
• Thorough understanding of HR, Finance or IT systems required. Experience in general human resources practices, and human resources law preferred.
• Ability to think critically, prioritize multiple responsibilities, meet deadlines and accomplish detailed work with accuracy.
• Ability to apply new concepts and initiate change.
• Excellent training skills; patient, motivational type teaching style preferred. Creates organized and clear instructions for training documents.
• Excellent oral and written communication skills; strong interpersonal skills.
• Computer skills to include Windows based applications including Word, Excel and Access as well as Outlook.
• Strong knowledge of Workday module integration and downstream, cross-functional impacts.
• Knowledge of and experience in system design and support.
Three years HRIS and business analysis required; background in general Human Resources, or Consultant field preferred.
• Bachelor’s degree (or equivalent years of experience) in Business or related field required.
Get fresh Director HRIS jobs daily straight to your inbox!
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.