Field Service Engineer
MRINetwork Jobs Baltimore, MD
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Field Service Engineer
Compensation for the Field Service Engineer / Field Support Engineer
- This position's starting annual salary ranges from $70,000 to $90,000 depending upon experience.
Essential Duties of the Field Service Engineer:
- Conduct on-site installation of complex nuclear measurement equipment and systems, focusing on the setup/configuration of Canberra hardware and software, using established testing procedures and training to ensure proper function of systems. Provide familiarization to the customer on system hardware/software and its basic modes of operation.
- Troubleshoot and isolate equipment malfunctions and take corrective actions, analyzing hardware or software issues. Work closely with Technical Support and Engineering to locate and correct system faults.
- Complete Field Reports and logs to ensure work performed is properly documented and all problems in the field are reported and addressed.
- Provide professional representation of the Company in all dealings with customer, creating a positive experience for the customer.
- In House Troubleshooting and Repair
- Technical Support (by phone/email)
Essential Requirements for the Field Service Engineer:
- Technical acumen. Preferably electronics, Mechanical or Science/Physics background
- Nuclear background required
- Very good verbal communication skills.
- Excellent organizational skills, typing/keyboarding skills and written reporting skills.
- Well-disciplined, self-starter with an enthusiastic, entrepreneurial spirit being able to work alone or with a team.
- Must be logical and analytical in approaching solutions to complex problems.
- Understand and adhere to all safety policies on the job.
- Ability to lift at least 50+ pounds.
- 70% regional travel.
- Must have a valid driver’s license.
- Knowledge and proficiency of any Canberra products such as High Purity Germanium (HPGe) Detectors, Sodium Iodide (NaI) detectors, and Alpha Beta Counting Systems
- Experience using Canberra software such as Genie 2000, Apex Gamma, Apex In-Vivo, Eclipse, and Apex Alpha Beta.
- Database management experience using SQL Server, Crystal Reports and/or Access.
- Experience with radiation detection instruments and knowledge of Navy nuclear industry
- Nuclear Physics and Radiation Principles knowledge and experience
- Understanding of Gamma Spectroscopy, Alpha/Beta Counting, and radiation detection principles a plus.
- Complex system troubleshooting to resolution at modular and/or component level.
Experience and Educational Requirements:
- 1-3 years in a technical/customer service position. Must have excellent technical and customer relations experience to handle the diversity of systems and their applications.
- A.S. or B.S. degree in Electronics, Nuclear Engineering or equivalent preferred but not required. Some technical schooling along with 4+ years related technical experience may be substituted.
EngineeringView all jobs at MRINetwork Jobs