Director of Operations - Physician Group
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Director of Operations
This position is with a very large specialty physician group based in the Great Lakes region. This Director role is a newly created position that will be over half the Pennsylvania market which is the groups most established region. It is responsible for the overall operational success of the health care centers and has full P&L leadership for cost centers throughout the region. This role provides strategic leadership and direction to the care centers, including the coordination of all care center operations activities (excluding activities involving professional medical judgment). The Director works in collaboration with Health Management and support departments in order to help the care centers meet efficiency standards to achieve efficient operations. Position requires a high degree of independence, initiative, judgment, and follow-through on a wide range of sensitive and complex issues and reports directly to the COO.
Care Center Operations:
- Assesses and manages the skill levels of current care center managers; leverages skilled care center leaders to assist in efficient operations
- Identifies best practices within “high performing” care center locations; helps streamline operational tasks within all care center locations based on best practices
- Establishes strong working relationships between care centers and Health Management support teams to provide professional support and operational leadership to the care centers
- Maintains a process of consistent accountability by providing effective leadership, direction, and oversight to care center managers; responsible for defining, tracking, and measuring care center manager competencies
- Works in conjunction with marketing to ensure patient satisfaction surveys are deployed and results are collected and analyzed
- Creates actionable operational plans based on patient satisfaction survey feedback, including coordinating customer service training to enhance the patient experience (where applicable)
- Supervises office managers and other ancillary management staff as applicable
- Maintains working knowledge of industry trends, legislation and regulatory standards, related to care center operations.
- Assists care center managers in the preparation of annual budgets
- Strives to meet expense expectations by helping drive utilization and compliance with group purchasing programs
- Works in conjunction with Decision Support team to understand productivity and profitability trends within care centers; identifies downward trends and creates actionable plans to course correct downward trends
- Responsible for ensuring the consistent and appropriate interpretation, evaluation and communication of quarterly productivity and compensation data (in conjunction with Finance and Clinical resources).
- Promotes and develops effective and efficient communication strategies to care centers in order to promote a positive work environment and an optimal operational workflow.
- Responsible for early recognition of staffing, capital expense, and infrastructure needs throughout the care centers; reviews all capital expense requests made by care centers; recommends approval or denial of requests to Senior Executives.
- Works in conjunction with support teams to ensure care centers are compliant with OSHA, HIPAA, and CLIA requirements
- Works in conjunction with implementation team to help on-board new practices by following the Implementation Playbook
- Assist in the recommendation and procurement of capital equipment, as requested.
- Facilitates educational opportunities in order to support management team and guides the development of new leaders within the organization.
- Encourages professional growth and fosters the ability for care center managers to improve skill sets, sharpen knowledge of compensation model(s), and preferred services and vendors.
- Efficiently and effectively communicates necessary strategic information and acknowledges all communication within 24-48 hours.
- Owns the creation, implementation, and knowledge transfer of action plans for care centers, as appropriate.
Preferred Qualifications (Experience, credentials, education)
- Bachelor’s Degree is Required; MBA an advantage
- A minimum of 7 years of related business experience in senior heath care operations roles, or an equivalent of the same in practical experience is acceptable.
- Proven ability to identify potential for valuable long-term relationships.
- Successful ability to work with teams across the business to maximize the impact of the overall business effort
- Proven and successful experience in prospecting and lead generation, leading to a business’s revenue generation and increased productivity
BusinessView all jobs at MRINetwork Jobs