Cost Accountant - Construction
- Expired: 7 days ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Cost Accountant - Construction
Highland Consulting Group is an executive search firm that specializes in placing top talent in the construction industry.
We are working with a Contractor in the Centreville , VA area that is recruiting for an experienced Construction Cost Accountant . This position works to provide our project team with accounting support. costs, overseeing budget management, and invoicing for all our vendors and contractors. Our ideal candidate has several years in an account payable or accounts receivable department. Because you would work with coding invoices, working with lien releases, and you also need strong communication and vendor management skills for dealing with these subcontractors.
This contractor has a very casual work environment, flexible hours, great benefits, great reputation, a clean operating accounting department, and a very competitive salary.
This position reports to the company Controller. This position is within an accounting team of experienced people with a highly regarded company. Successful candidates must have a minimum of 3 years experience working with project costing and working for a construction contractor. Candidates with experience in Accounts Payable - AP, Accounts Receivable – AR, Payroll, Account Reconciliation, Cost Control or Job Costing will be preferred.
Job responsibilities will include, but are not limited to:
- Communicate with project managers, estimator, and planner to understand the plan of the building
- Ability to visit the construction site to check out expenses when needed
- Track purchases and expenses
- Verify bills and purchase sheets with project managers
- Reconcile all invoices from vendors
- Deliver financial reports to management
- Provide input for project report preparation
- Keep track of compensations and ensure timely payments for all people involved in the project
- Confidently work with subcontractors on all payments and other financial dealings
- Regularly update project status
- Ensure that deadlines are met without any delays
- Solid Communication both verbal and written
- Ability to establish timelines and budgets
- Very strong computer skills with past experience with a project management / cost accounting software package
- Ability to multi-task
- A Degree in Accounting is preferred
- Documented knowledge of general ledger and financial reporting functions.
- This company cares about and is committed to the well being of its employees and their families. This commitment is reflected in a comprehensive benefit package provided to all employees
If you have this type of experience, please apply to this position. You can also contact me directly to learn more about this opportunity.
Highland Consulting Group
2000 Tower Way
Greensburg, PA 15601
Finance and Insurance
Get fresh Construction Cost Accountant jobs daily straight to your inbox!
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.