Reporting to the CFO, the Corporate Controller serves as the lead on building and maintaining the Accounting infrastructure, standardizing processes, ensuring audit compliance, and preparing analyses as needed for this rapidly growing company.
The Corporate Controller is actively responsible for all aspects of the company’s financial accounting operations and reporting. Main responsibilities will include maintaining accounting records, performing daily financial accounting functions, preparing internal and external financial reports, supporting FP&A to develop budgets and forecasts, and managing annual audit and tax return preparation.
Roles and Responsibilities
Mergers & Acquisitions
- Participate in due diligence reviews and coordinate activities between the company, the PE sponsors and external advisors.
- Facilitate and integrate acquisitions within our systems and operations.
- Ensure financial/controllership best practices are implemented in a timely and efficient manner.
Accounting & Reporting
The Controller will work with the CFO to develop an updated set of policies and procedures.
- Responsible for all company Accounting processes and functions, including timely and accurate recording and reporting of all financial transactions and system reconciliations.
- Supervise the daily accounting operations to ensure efficient cash management, clean accounting records, and recording of all transactions in compliance with the Company’s accounting processes and internal controls
- Manage the monthly and quarterly close process and prepare consolidated financial statements.
- Develop and maintain financial policies and processes impacting internal and external reporting, general ledger, revenue accounting, accounts payable and receivable, payroll, fixed asset management, taxes, insurance, and treasury.
- Manage the relationship with external auditors, oversee the planning and execution of annual audits.
- Ensure that Accounting activities and reporting are in accordance with GAAP and all applicable legal, regulatory, and company procedures.
- Identify opportunities to automate and streamline routine activities to run the organization more effectively as the company scales.
- Continuously improve the accounting function, including team development, resource allocation, budget management, and company-wide cost savings opportunities.
- Serve as the company’s expert for all accounting matters, partnering with other departments on structuring policies, and advising with respect to accounting and tax implications.
- Oversee/direct tax structuring and all tax-related policies and procedures in conjunction with external advisors.
- Oversee/direct the preparation and timely filing of all required tax returns and other statutory filings.
- Support CFO for Board of Directors reporting requirements.
- Ensure compliance with lender agreements.
Desired Experience and Education
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance or Accounting.
- 10+ years of relevant work experience
- Superior knowledge of US GAAP reporting and compliance
- Experience with ERP/GL implementations and M&A integration preferred
- Excellent writing, communication, and presentation skills
- Highest level of personal integrity and maturity
- Ability to manage and prioritize multiple projects while simultaneously meeting all goals and deadlines
- Proven leader in financial reporting for a company through a period of high growth
- Entrepreneurial spirit and pro-active, problem-solving nature
- Strong desire to tackle new challenges and projects with enthusiasm
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced, dynamic work environment
- Project management experience
- Ability to lead cross-functional teams