MRINetwork Jobs Elizabeth, NJ
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Financial Controller Job Description
The Financial Controller is leading the finance function at a Family-Owned FOOD: Manufacturing/Packaging company in Union County, NJ. Reporting to the Chief Operating Officer, he/she is responsible to manage the Finance department by ensuring an efficient and quality delivery of its service to the organization. He/She is also responsible to ensure compliance with laws and regulations and to maintain a strong internal controls environment as well as formulating sound financial plans supporting organizational strategies.
The Financial Controller is overseeing the following financial function: Accounts payable, billing and accounts receivable, payroll, treasury, book closing, financial reporting and variances analysis, budget, etc. He/She also provides support to those responsible in the business units for any specific financial analysis required.
The Financial Controller also acts as the liaison with sister company and ensure the compliance of financial statements format and consult with them on complex accounting procedures and non-recurring accounting transactions.
The ideal candidate should possess strong analytical and problem-solving skills, a flair for numbers, be highly organized, and have excellent management and leadership skills.
Financial Controller Responsibilities/Duties:
- Promotes value by providing support to the business units and their managers to help them in making decisions for a better understanding of their performance levels;
- Provides Operations with the information / reporting necessary and pertinent for making decisions;
- Prepares monthly and annual financial statements;
- Analyses the monthly financial statements to ensure their accuracy;
- Carries out financial analyses related to the monthly financial statements and analyses budget variances, while providing management recommendations;
- Prepares the annual budget and the revised forecast over the course of the financial period;
- Perform cost accountant analyses to determine the costs per sku of products and related operating expenses;
- Analyses the customers/products profitability and provides pricing recommendations to sales;
- Establishes and implements performance indicators;
- Prepares a variety of custom financial analyses;
- Maintain good internal controls procedures;
- Involvement in the annual audit with the company’s external auditors;
- Manages the preparation of documents for government officials;
- Recommends and participates in the establishment and improvement of processes (purchasing, inventory control, production);
- Responsible for transactional processes, from purchases through to disbursements, customer orders through to collection, and accounting for transactions;
- Prepares tax and customs duty files;
- Prepares, implements and keeps up to date the accounting policies and procedures, and ensures they are applied uniformly throughout
- Carries out his management work ethically and with integrity;
- Focuses on performance in order to remain constantly efficient, given our type of organization;
- Manages the cashflow in such a way as to ensure that the company meets its financial obligations;
- Structures operations in his sector to ensure the efficiency and performance of the activities, indicators and financial reporting mechanisms;
- Manages tax declarations and year-end closings;
- Manages the accounting staff (recruitment, training, etc.);
- Researches and follows the evolution of accounting and taxation regulations;
- Assumes any other accounting duty related to the position, and any given to him by his immediate superior;
- Bank Loan Covenant Reporting;
- Insurance Management.
Financial Controller Requirements and Skills:
- Master's Degree in Accounting or equivalent, CPA or CMC preferred;
- Has at least 8 years of relevant experience in a similar position, preferably within a manufacturing industry;
- Thorough knowledge of accounting principles and procedures;
- Proven experience in finance management;
- Good communication skills;
- Strong leadership qualities;
- Excellent interpersonal skills;
- Auditing experience;
- Compliance oriented;
- Proficiency in accounting software, Microsoft Office Suite and Excel.
- Excellent analytical and management skills;
- Expertise in terms of financial accounting and the release of information.
- Analytical mind, well organized and good planning ability;
- Able to manage several files at the same time and recognizes priorities;
- Able to work in a fast-paced environment;
- Orientation towards excellence in customer service;
- Able to perform with minimum supervision;
- Versatile, open, resourceful and autonomous individual who enjoys teamwork;
- Proven integrity;
- Mobilizing and strategic leadership style;
- Has a good sense for business and the ability to act both strategically and operationally, while upholding the company’s values;
Finance and InsuranceView all jobs at MRINetwork Jobs