Accounting Manager - Controller
MRINetwork Jobs Shelbyville, TN
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
We have an awesome opportunity for an Accounting Leader to join a Berkshire Hathaway company supporting retail growth operations in one of the fastest-growing and most beautiful areas of TN!
It also ranks as one of the safest communities in America! What more can you ask for? How about no state income tax?! It is a perfect scenario for an active professional and their family!
But wait, it gets even better! This career role is responsible for all areas related to financial reporting, and for establishing and maintaining accounting principles, practices, and procedures to ensure accurate and timely financial statements. In this fast-paced environment, you will drive for excellence using a sense of urgency to effectively manage multiple tasks and shifting priorities. All of this with a competitive compensation package and a great benefits package that includes: Paid leave, Vacation, Medical, Dental, Vision, Retirement. Don't hesitate to apply for this great role before it is gone!
- Leading staff members responsible for payroll, general ledger, accounts receivable, accounts payable, purchasing, and credit & collections.
- Determine work procedures and eliminate barriers to success for general accounting, accounts receivable & accounts payable functions.
- Assign duties and examine work of direct reports for accuracy and conformance to SOS procedures & Standard Practice Instructions.
- Manage the month-end closing process to produce timely & accurate financial reports & analyses.
- Maintain the general ledger; prepare journal entries and analyze results.
- Prepare year-end 1099 for misc. vendors.
- A physical inventory of all owned assets annually.
- Customer credit review annually.
- Supervise Payroll Accounts Payable Coordinator and Billing Purchasing Coordinators.
- Review payroll on a bi-weekly basis.
- Report business taxes for 4 locations in TN.
- Report personal property taxes for 5 locations (4TN / 1MS)
- Annual reports for multiple states.
- Pull warehouse hours for month-end reporting for billing and cost allocations.
- Square footage allocation for month-end reporting.
- Misc accruals for month-end reporting (vacation, incentive, WC, Merp, Koch rebate, customer revenue, Property tax, franchise tax, rent, temp invoices, etc.
- Using various systems & adaptive planning, prepare detailed analyses of revenue, cost & margins by customer, segment & product lines to support variance explanations, provide useful information to decision-makers, and improve forecast accuracy.
- Serve as System Administrator of various accounting systems (ADP, Kronos, Great Plaines, Sage, and others), Invoice, Budget and Request modules.
- Improve working capital metrics by completing regular customer aging reviews, escalating collection issues, negotiating terms with new suppliers
- Manage the Sales & Use Tax compliance process, including monthly validation of taxes assessed and approval of tax returns, and reporting business and personal property taxes for multiple locations.
- Working with Operations to ensure optimal inventory levels are maintained
- Oversee periodic Internal Audits and Control reviews
- Create and/or maintain detailed process documentation and train users on the proper use of the systems.
- Lead team members for processing payroll, general accounting, accounts receivable, accounts payable functions.
- Participate in the development & analysis of detailed periodic forecasts and annual budgets.
- Develop the skills of the accounting team on how to capture detailed forecasts, and what probing questions should be asked of department heads to get a clear understanding of strategic vs discretionary spend.
- Coordinate continuous improvement projects with functional teams to prepare detailed process maps of transactions.
- Identify opportunities to streamline or automate processes,
- Prepare updated documentation & train impacted users.
- Ensure timely submission of documentation, pre-identification of internal control issues, and clearly defined & actionable responses to audit points.
- Assigning, and directing work while appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees
- Addressing complaints and resolving problems.
- Requires education equivalent to a bachelor's degree in accounting or finance
- 4+ years general accounting experience demonstrating responsibility progression & skill advancement.
- Prior experience with a fully integrated ERP system is required.
- Microsoft Excel skills are required (pivot tables, lookups, charts/graphs, filters/sorts) with intermediate skills in Microsoft Word & Power Point preferred
- Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, and percentages.
- Proficient with the following systems: Great Plains, Kronos, ADP, Sage, Management Reporter
- Ability to interpret financial reports, contracts, and accounting laws and regulations.
- Effectively write reports and business correspondence.
- Make presentations to senior management.
- Able to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions.
- CPA or CPA candidate is a plus as are other professional certifications/training
- Previous Managerial experience preferred.
- Advanced education is a plus
Finance and InsuranceView all jobs at MRINetwork Jobs