PURPOSE (Include primary accomplishments, products and services, who benefits from them and how.)
The Director position is a hands-on role that is responsible for all human resource functions within the organization to include: recruitment, selection, orientation, retention, performance management, training and development, compensation and benefits, policies and procedures, safety, HRIS, and employee relations. The Director acts pro-actively to assure compliance with government regulations and statutes pertaining to employment. The Director will be a hands-on operational partner to senior management in the attainment of corporate goals.
MRINetwork® is one of the largest executive search and recruitment organizations in the world, providing organizations with talent solutions specifically designed to meet their needs in today’s economy. With approximately 400 franchised offices and 2,000 recruiters in approximately 30 countries, MRI provides a full range of talent solutions including contingency search, contract staffing, retained search, and recruitment process outsourcing. Our search consultants fulfill tens of thousands of searches every year in every major industry, company, function, and position level. While MRINetwork® is able to bring the infrastructure and reach of a global organization to our clients, our greatest strength lies in the expertise of our individual franchise owners who are focused on specific market segments, have typically worked in the industries in which they operate, and are passionate about bringing great talent to the organizations they serve.
- Developing and implementing HR strategies and initiatives aligned with the overall business strategy.
- Oversee the recruitment, selection, and orientation process. in order to hire, motivate and retain quality new hires that contribute to the culture and company results.
- Overseeing company compensation and benefits administration, including worker’s compensation, merit increases, open enrollment, benefits communication, and benefit vendor management.
- Analyze, design and administer employee benefits programs, such as medical, dental, life and disability insurance plans and 401(k) plans, Analyze Company existing benefits programs and compare them to those of competing employers. Design new benefits programs or modify existing ones and implement these changes in order to ensure that their company's programs remain competitive. Employee benefits managers may also be responsible for educating human resources personnel or employees about benefits packages and administering leaves of absences and bonus programs.
- Work with Senior Leadership to develop succession plan and corporate culture initiatives.
- Managing and resolving complex employee relations issues.
- Developing and monitoring overall HR strategies, systems, tactics and procedures across the organization.
- Nurturing a positive working environment.
- Assessing training needs to implement and monitor training programs.
- Analyzing trends and metrics to develop solutions, programs and policies.
- Ensuring organization compliance with federal, state and local legislation pertaining to all employment matters
- Bachelor’s degree required, master’s degree or advanced HR courses preferred
- Strong HR Generalist Background; 8 plus years of broad-based, hands on, professional experience with at least 3+ years in all aspects of HR management
- Must be knowledgeable of HR systems and databases and proficient in MSOffice (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Excellent active listening, negotiation and presentation skills
- Recruitment, interviewing, selection, orientation/on-boarding experience
- Must have benefits administration experience
- Strategic benefit review & planning experience a plus
- Must have in-depth knowledge of HR best practices
- People-oriented and results driven