Laboratory Technician - Ft Hood TX - Army Oil Analysis Program (AOAP)
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
York Laboratories/Altus Engineering is seeking Laboratory Technicians in support of the Army Oil Analysis Program (AOAP) based in Ft. Hood near Killeen, TX. The Laboratory Technician performs and supports testing of lubricant samples for the AOAP.
The US Army Oil Analysis Program (AOAP) is one of the most extensive, detailed, and impactful lubricant analysis programs worldwide. AOAP is a maintenance diagnostic program that monitors lubricant condition and detects impending component failures, allowing Army units to identify faults and perform maintenance before more severe/catastrophic damage to components occurs. AOAP contractor operated laboratories are located throughout the world with three CONUS and two OCONUS regional locations. The contractor, York Laboratories, LLC (dba MRG Labs), is a globally recognized leader in providing lubricant sampling and analysis solutions to commercial and government agencies worldwide, since 1999.
Duties: Laboratory Technicians shall
- operate the standard suite of analytical instruments in support of lubricant testing in accordance with standard operating procedures
- calibrate laboratory equipment using reference materials and standards and utilizing standard operating procedures
- identify issues impacting quality or with the potential to impact quality, and report to supervision
- assist with the implementation of any remedial actions to address quality issues
- perform recurring work independently and in special cases respond to instructions, equipment requirements, and advice from supervisors or engineers
- on occasion, perform special tests of other materials, at the direction of supervisors or engineers
- enter data in the OASIS LIMS
Qualifications: Laboratory Technicians shall
- have at least two years post-secondary education OR on-the-job training in oil analysis, analytical chemistry, reliability engineering, or condition monitoring (mechanical machinery). Possession of an associate degree is preferred. Only degrees from an accredited college or university recognized by the Department of Education are acceptable to meet the education requirement.
- possess LLA I certification within twelve months of hire and must maintain that certification (MRG Labs is the leading provider of training services for LLA certification, and will provide training, materials and assistance for the employee to achieve this requirement)
- be fluent in English (reading, writing and speaking).
- be able to attain SECRET clearance
- USA Citizens only
- The Laboratory Technician shall regularly report to the assigned army base AOAP laboratory for work
- Travel may be required occasionally to support workloads at other AOAP laboratories, which will be provided by the employer
Employment decisions shall be based on merit, qualifications, and competence. Employment practices shall not be influenced or affected by an applicant or employee’s race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or veteran status. MRG Laboratories reserves the right to alter, change, modify and/or terminate this job posting at any time without advance notice, or obligation, to any party.
Powered by JazzHR
AddressFort Hood, TX
Get fresh Oil Analyst jobs daily straight to your inbox!
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.