Director of Human Resources
- Expired: February 25, 2022. Applications are no longer accepted.
MRCI, a non-profit organization creating innovative and genuine opportunities for people with disabilities or disadvantages at home, at work and in the community is hiring for a Director of Human Resources in Mankato, MN.
The Director of Human Resources is responsible for providing leadership and establishing and implementing human resources strategy to support MRCI's mission, vision, Team Promises and strategic plan. The Director of Human Resources manages and coordinates the daily administration of the organization's human resources personnel policies and programs affecting staff, FSE, clients and supplemental workers. Director of Human Resources interprets MRCI's personnel policies and ensures consistent application throughout the organization. Performs in compliance with MRCI policies, procedures, external regulations, safety, and accreditation standards. Provides excellent customer service to management, staff and constituents.
- Prepare, recommend, implement and manage employee policies, procedures and practices. Maintain and update personnel policy manual. Monitor the application of personnel policies to ensure consistency and risk management, including the review of disciplinary/corrective actions.
- Provide human resource consultation, advice, and assistance to management, leadership and supervisors regarding policies, regulations and trends.
- Oversee the organization's employee recruitment policies and procedures for employees and supplemental labor as needed.
- Administer performance management system, including annual performance evaluation process, orientation evaluation process, and career development opportunities.
- Oversee the preparation, implementation and reporting of MRCI's Affirmative Action Plan.
- Administer compensation and salary program, ensuring appropriate internal and external equity.
- Manage employee relations, focusing on retention and employee morale. Conduct investigations, follow-up on complaints and respond with appropriate action to resolve situations.
- Provide oversight to worker's compensation program and participate in actions and decisions to ensure that all statutes and policies are followed. Monitor claims for appropriate actions including involvement with SFM, QRP's and legal counsel.
- Create and/or update policies and programs and present them to Chief Officers for final approval.
- Oversee reporting, filing appeals, and record keeping requirements for unemployment compensation claims. Attend unemployment hearings on behalf of organization.
- Manage MRCI's benefit programs for MRCI's group health, dental, and life insurance plans, the Flexible savings account program, and the 403(b) retirement plan. Work with broker to source, negotiate, and recommend benefit programs to MRCI management and board. Implement programs and communicate changes to staff.
- Maintain relationships with external vendors to provide human resource management and/or employee services as needed.
- Be responsible for performance management of department staff.
- Bachelor's degree in a related field from an accredited university; Master's degree preferred.
- At least five years of progressive human resources experience, human resources leadership experience preferred.
- PHR, SPHR, SHRM-CP, or SHRM-SCP Certification(s) preferred.
- Previous experience working with people with developmental and mental disabilities, their families, and their caretakers is helpful.
- Comprehensive knowledge of state and local laws surrounding the field of human resources.
- Complies with federal and state employment laws.
- Proficiency in computer-based office software, including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, & Outlook.
- Demonstrates wide-ranging interpersonal, written, and verbal communication skills.
- Demonstrates the ability to effectively communicate with people in potentially stressful situations.
- Strong organizational skills and ability to perform required record keeping.
- Demonstrates excellent customer service skills.
- Demonstrates the ability to make good independent judgment and decisions.
- Holds a valid Driver's License with access to a reliable vehicle.
- Clear a MN Department of Human Services background check and physical exam to demonstrate the ability to perform the physical demands of the job.
Employment Perks: $1,000 Hiring Bonus, 12 Paid Holidays, Health, Dental and Vision Insurance, 10 Vacation days and 10 Sick days, 403b Retirement with company match, and Health Savings Account (HSA) with company match.
MRCI is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer
BusinessView all jobs at MRCI