Paralegal (Corporate Legal, Entertainment)
- Expired: May 03, 2022. Applications are no longer accepted.
MRC is a diversified global entertainment company with divisions including Film, Television, Live & Alternative and Non-Fiction, as well as joint ventures in data and publishing.
You will be an essential member of the MRC corporate legal division, providing support for all in-house legal matters including corporate reporting, M&As, financing, trademarks and other IP, non-compete agreements, non-disclosures, confidentiality agreements and tracking outside legal spend.
Our expectation is that this role will continue to evolve into the handling of important legal processes within MRC. You will work closely with the corporate attorneys, and will also have significant, direct interaction with the General Counsel.
Your Responsibilities Will Include:
- Provide corporate support, including prepare and file documentation, research and prepare for the formation and maintenance of corporate entities, prepare and track paperwork for mergers, acquisitions, dissolutions, disclosures, amendments and withdrawals, draft corporate resolutions, organize minute books, and maintain and manage databases for global entities.
- Prepare, draft, review and maintain corporate documents/materials and assist attorneys in preparation of corporate transactions.
- Local, state, federal, and trademark filings (UCC-1 etc.).
- Maintain corporate records and database management.
- Prepare internal memoranda regarding legal guidance.
- Respond to requests for information, preparation and review of documents and assisting in obtaining requisite signatures, notarization and legalizations.
- Work cross-functionally with multiple business units on multiple projects.
- Track and coordinate with outside counsel on billing.
- BS/BA degree.
- Paralegal Certificate strongly preferred
- 5+ years working as a paralegal in a corporate entertainment environment
- Experience at a law firm, in an entertainment practice is a plus
- Ability to prioritize work under tight deadlines
- Flexibility and desire to work on a variety of legal matters
- Entrepreneurial spirit, exceptional judgment, organizational, and communication skills
- Ability to work autonomously with a strong attention to detail, results oriented
- Adaptability to change, ability to prioritize time sensitive issues
MRC is a diversified global entertainment company with divisions including Film, Television, Live & Alternative and Non-Fiction as well as joint ventures in data and publishing.
MRC Television is the largest and most award-winning independent TV studio in North America with a current slate that includes “Ozark” on Netflix, “The Great” on Hulu, the upcoming Amazon series “The Terminal List” starring Chris Pratt and for Apple TV+ “The Shrink Next Door” starring Will Ferrell and Paul Rudd and “Shining Girls” starring Elisabeth Moss.
MRC Live & Alternative is one of the largest global producers of live televised event programming,. Tentpole live event series through its dick clark productions include the “Golden Globe Awards,” “Academy of Country Music Awards,” the “American Music Awards,” the “Billboard Music Awards,” “Dick Clark’s New Year’s Rockin’ Eve with Ryan Seacrest,” “Streamy Awards,” and 16-time Emmy Award-winning series “So You Think You Can Dance.”
MRC Film is known for championing singular filmmakers and emerging directors to make high-quality distinctive films. Projects include one of the highest grossing original comedies of all-time, “Ted,” the Oscar and Golden Globe nominated “Knives Out,” written and directed by Rian Johnson and produced by Johnson and Ram Bergman, starring an ensemble cast including Daniel Craig, Chris Evans, Ana de Armas and Jamie Lee Curtis, the Oscar nominated “Baby Driver,” Oscar winning “Babel,” and the comedy “The Lovebirds,” directed by Michael Showalter and starring Kumail Nanjiani and Issa Rae, currently on Netflix.
MRC Non-Fiction works with a diverse group of artists to develop, finance and produce feature documentaries and docuseries for global audiences. Projects includes; Edgar Wright’s debut documentary feature “Sparks Brothers” about the legendary American rock/ pop duo, which premiered at Sundance Film Festival and was acquired by Focus Features; as well as “The Last Rider,” which chronicles the story of cyclist Greg LeMond, from acclaimed director Alex Holmes.
MRC and PMC have formed a publishing joint venture and a strategic content partnership with brands The Hollywood Reporter, Variety, Billboard, Rolling Stone, Vibe and Music Business Worldwide. MRC and PMC’s data venture brings together MRC Data, Alpha Data and Variety Business Intelligence. MRC owns a majority stake in Civic Center Media, A-Major Media and has minority investments in A24, Fulwell 73, Sugar23 and T-Street.
For more information on MRC Entertainment™ please visit: .
No Phone Calls. No agencies please.
Due to the volume of resumes that we receive, only those candidates selected for consideration will be contacted.
MRC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants are considered for employment without regard to race, religion, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, medical condition (including genetic characteristics), mental and/or physical disability or handicap, marital status, sex, age, veteran status, citizenship status, sexual orientation, gender identity, political party preference, political belief, socioeconomic status, familial status, registered domestic partner status, military service, pregnancy, childbirth and related medical conditions and any other characteristic or activity protected by federal, state or local law
Powered by JazzHR
AddressBeverly Hills, CA
LegalView all jobs at MRC