- 7 days ago
- $42,879 to $64,321 Yearly
POSITION: Case Manager
REPORTS TO: BridgeWays Program Director
POSITIONS SUPERVISED: None
STATUS: Full-time, Exempt
Summary of Responsibilities:
Provides services to individuals with severe and persistent mental illnesses to safely maintain them in the least restrictive setting and reduce the need for psychiatric hospitalization while maintaining and enhancing the individual's optimal functioning level. Duties include clinical and crisis intervention, assessments, service planning, monitoring, linking to and coordinating services and advocacy.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Conduct intake and referral with new individuals served.
- Conduct assessments of consumer's current functioning and stability levels and monitor stability through therapeutic and crisis intervention and support, education, motivation, and direct skills training.
- Complete prescreens to determine appropriateness for hospitalizations/placements.
- Initiate and monitor Alternative Treatments Orders as needed/required.
- Act as an advocate for consumers in the mental and public health service system.
- Assist consumers in securing basic needs, medical care, and clinical services.
- Assist in determining appropriate level of care and ensure individuals served are receiving appropriate level of care.
- Develop service plans based on consumer needs and desires with consumer and service team.
- Complete transfers/discharges in a timely manner, when appropriate.
- Assure service plan continues to meet consumer needs and is being followed.
- Assure system paperwork is in place so services can be provided.
- Maintain completed documentation on all consumer and collateral contacts to make sure that all medical and financial needs are being met.
- Assist in crisis intervention by assessing the consumer's clinical needs and calming agitated individuals.
- Maintain collateral contacts and relationships with others important in the consumer's life.
- Half day shift assigned as needed during regular business hours to cover client emergent/urgent needs
- Assure the rights of individuals served are protected in accordance with the Michigan Mental Health Code and agency policy.
Non-Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Occasionally provide back-up phone coverage.
- Other duties as assigned by the Program Director
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Minimum one-year experience in the mental health field working with the identified target population required.
- Minimum Bachelors' degree in social work and a current LLBSW, LBSW, LLMSW, LMSW, LLPC, LPC or other licensure permitted by the State of Michigan preferred OR
- Bachelors' degree in human service field AND one year experience working with individuals with Severe and Persistent Mental Illness
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills required.
- Excellent organizational and time management skills and ability to prioritize multiple tasks.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office Products (Word, Excel) required.
- Ability to exercise independent and sound judgment.
- Availability of reliable, licensed, and insured vehicle for use on the job. A valid Michigan driver's license and good driving record required.
- Criminal records check and Recipient Rights check are required.
- Office environment with noise from computers, copiers and telephones.
- Use of a computer monitor for periods in excess of 30 minutes at a time.
- Local travel throughout the greater Kalamazoo area.
- Job requires prolonged sitting, standing, walking, stooping, kneeling, crouching, or bending as appropriate.
- Must occasionally lift and/or move up to 15 lbs.
- Must be able to meet intervention certification requirements (MANDT).
- Must be able to operate a computer keyboard.
Veterans encouraged to apply
What email should the hiring manager reach you at?