Inside Sales Representative
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
MRC Global serves the oil and gas industry across the upstream, midstream and downstream sectors as well as the chemical and gas distribution market sectors worldwide. We have an immediate opening for an Inside Sales & Service Representative.
Job Purpose: Responsible for delivering responsive and committed support to customers; accountable for safe and effective branch operations aligned with MRC Global strategy for gross margin growth, and financial/operational performance.
Individual must be able to perform the essential duties with or without reasonable accommodation.
- Respond to incoming customer inquiries, develop accounts, and generate quotes using MRC Global database;
- Maximize gross margin sales through careful analysis during the quote process;
- Identify and act on opportunities to increase market share by growing sales;
- Provide product prices, delivery specifications and payment terms and by offering substitute products where appropriate;
- Assist outside sales and/or branch management in processing priority transactions;
- Work to understand customers’ business and determine customers’ requirements and expectations in order to recommend specific products and solutions and make value-added recommendations to increase sales;
- Enter and maintain purchase orders, customer orders, procurement match and trade discounts as needed;
- Work with internal MRC Global departments to set up and maintain accurate customer files (profiles);
- Maintain and approve quality standards;
- Establish and maintains customer relationships, communicates with customers and co-workers to provide technical information;
- Participate in meetings, and training opportunities to enhance and maintain personal and product knowledge;
- Monitor expected ship dates to ensure timely delivery and expedite as needed;
- Provide prompt responses to internal and external customer, vendor and branch inquiries about material and the sales function (including warehouse errors, shortages, and damaged material);
- Perform other duties as required;
- Take reasonable care for the safety and health of yourself and others; report workplace hazards, injuries, or illness immediately;
Any combination of requirements, which provide knowledge and abilities necessary to perform essential duties and responsibilities, will be considered.
- High School Diploma or General Education Degree (GED) and additional post-secondary training or education;
- Any combination of two or more years in customer service, inside sales and/or warehouse services in a position with increasing; responsibility, to include demonstrated leadership/supervisory experience;
- Demonstrated competence in the use of computers and software applications;
- Demonstrated ability to communicate and promote ideas and transfer detailed knowledge to others;
- Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations;
- Willingness and ability to be on call as needed to provide 24-hour service to customers;
- Willingness and ability to travel within and outside branch service area, with occasional overnight stays;
- Valid Driver’s license with the ability to meet the MRC Global vehicle policy.
- Must have the ability to provide documentation verifying legal work status;
- Ability to read and speak the English language proficiently in order to communicate with others, understand and interpret safety instructions, and to respond to inquiries;
- Ability to understand and comply with MRC guidelines and expectations, to include Code of Conduct and Conflict of Interest guidelines
MRC Global serves the oil and gas industry across the upstream, midstream, and downstream sectors as well as the chemical and gas distribution market sectors worldwide.
BusinessView all jobs at MRC Global
Get fresh Oil Gas Outside Sales jobs daily straight to your inbox!
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.