Technology Commercialization Associate
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Company Name: UWM Foundation
Position Title: Technology Commercialization Associate / Manager
Location: Milwaukee, WI
UWM Research Foundation Technology Commercialization Associate/Manager – Hybrid Full-time
The UWM Research Foundation (UWMRF) is an independent non-profit corporation existing to support research, innovation, and entrepreneurship at the University of Wisconsin-Milwaukee (UWM). The UWM Research Foundation’s programs support promising research at UWM, the commercialization of technology, the creation of new startup companies and the development of entrepreneurial skills.
The UWM Research Foundation is seeking a full-time Technology Commercialization Associate/Manager (title commensurate with experience). This individual will report directly to the Vice President and will additionally take direction from President/Director for the UWM Lubar Entrepreneurship Center. The Technology Commercialization Associate provides primary oversight of UWMRF programs to protect, market, and license intellectual property and supports other UWMRF program areas including but not limited to corporate partnering, startup support, research program administration, and marketing.
Technology Associate/Manager Responsibilities:
- Build relationships with UWM researchers, educate researchers on intellectual property, and entrepreneurship, and identify inventions on campus
- Evaluation of intellectual property developed at UWM for patentability and commercial potential
- Draft and negotiate contracts and agreements such as material transfer and non-disclosure
- Help to coordinate the overall technology marketing and licensing strategy, design marketing content, oversee and implement process for marketing technologies, and implement marketing programs that include identifying prospects for business development
- Identify potential licensees, qualify, and conduct due diligence on prospects, draft and negotiate license agreements, and support the UWM grants office in related research agreements
- Support development of key industry partnerships and community outreach including the Panther Partnering program
- Aid in planning UWMRF key events and assist in fundraising activities for programs and operations
- Aid in the education and mentorship of faculty and students interested in forming startups
- Aid in the coordination of key UWMRF grant programs for research
- Assist in the creation of social media and public relations content creation
Technology Associate/Manager Qualifications:
- Minimum of a bachelor’s degree in a scientific field (i.e. life sciences, engineering, physical science, health science)
- (Preferred) Advanced degree(s) in life sciences, engineering/physical science, or other scientific field; or MBA, JD, or equivalent experience in industry, startup formation, or business development
- (Desired) Continuing education/professional development or experience in licensing, intellectual property management, or related disciplines
- 5 years research experience in technology research, product development, technology management, and/or technology licensing
- (Preferred) 2-3 years of experience in an industry setting
- (Desired) experience in intellectual property management including patent portfolio management
- (Desired) experience in drafting and negotiating agreements including license agreements
- Excellent writing, research, and communication skills
- Attention to details and documentation processes
- Highly organized and able to prioritize multiple tasks and responsibilities
- (Desired) Familiar with general practices for technology licensing
- (Desired) Familiar with general practices for intellectual property management
Currently, staff are working a hybrid remote/in-office schedule. Each employee’s remote/office time is determined with their supervisor. This position averages two days a week in the office. Employees are expected to work during office hours and be available to answer emails and calls.
The UWM Research Foundation is proud to offer the following benefits to full-time staff.
- 403(b) with 7.5% employer contribution
- Health Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Vision Insurance
- Long Term Disability Coverage
- Life Insurance
- Flexible Spending
- Aflac Supplemental Insurance
- Parental Leave
- Generous Vacation, Sick, Personal Time
- Paid Holidays
- Free parking in our heated garage
- Casual Fridays
- Weekly/monthly employer provided organic fruit
- Annual holiday party/Summer Picnic
- Open-concept, modern office environment
- Workstations include a Herman Miller chair and a sit/stand desk
- Ability to attend national conference annually
The UWM Research Foundation is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer.
Salary: Commensurate with ability and experience.
We Make it Easy
Founded in 1901, MRA is a nonprofit employer association that serves more than 4,000 employers, covering more than one million employees.
As one of the largest employer associations in the nation, MRA helps its member organizations thrive by offering the most comprehensive assortment of HR services, information, education, and resources to help build successful workplaces and a powerful workforce.
We partner with these companies working directly with their HR department and leadership to hire their talent. We are a direct line to the company, not an agency recruiter.
Powered by JazzHR
MRA Recruiting Services
TechnologyView all jobs at MRA Recruiting Services