- Posted: over a month ago
Petroleum Equipment – Project Manager
Petroleum Equipment is looking for a Project Manager with estimating experience to join our growing team. As the Project Manager, you will project and control construction costs by studying plans and specifications; identifying and projecting costs; costing changes, additions, and adjustments; specifying materials and methods; identifying qualified vendors and subcontractors; and negotiating pricing. You will also manage projects by identifying and coordinating vendors and subcontractors, creating, and submitting permit applications, allocating labor, attending project meetings, making on-site visits, and communicating with all involved parties.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Prepare construction and service work to be accomplished by gathering information and job requirements and setting priorities.
- Prepare construction cost estimates by studying plans and site conditions; reviewing specifications; and identifying and projecting costs.
- Approve quotes from vendors and subcontractors by specifying materials and work scopes; identifying appropriate vendors and subcontractors; obtaining quotes; and validating quotes against the materials and/or work scopes that were specified.
- Maintain construction quality results by following organizational and industry standards, as well as relevant code requirements.
- Prepare submittal packages and other technical documentation based on specifications and drawings supplied by engineers, general contractors, and other related parties.
- Prepare permit application packages per State and local requirements.
- Complete and file project-related paperwork as needed.
- Improve construction estimating job knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; benchmarking state-of-the-art practices; participating in professional societies.
- Contribute to construction estimating and home construction organization success by welcoming related, different, and new requests; helping others accomplish job results.
- Perform other duties and responsibilities as requested or required.
- High School diploma or equivalent; Associate degree preferred
- Two + years of experience in the construction industry preferred
- Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook
- Able to create basic 2D CAD diagrams using AutoCAD LT software
- Valid Driver’s License and personal use of a vehicle in the execution of some duties required. Petroleum Equipment provides reimbursement of work-related mileage based on IRS criteria.
At PEI, what we do goes beyond installing and maintaining mission-critical fuel systems. It’s
about keeping the lights on and medical equipment working at your hospital during a power
outage. It’s about keeping planes in the air. It’s about protecting the firefighters, boiler room
technicians, pilots, and passengers, doctors and nurses; those who are here to protect us and
protect the ones we love.
Our systems are designed to protect the environment and end-users, safeguarding them from
leaks, fire, and contamination. To prevent future complications, our experts are well-versed in
the various regulations, statutes, and environmental codes that must be followed. As part of
PEI's 90-year history, quality installation, and service have been the foundation of our success.
In our line of business, there is no room for failure; excellence is all we have to offer.
At PEI, we do our job so you can do yours.
We Make it Easy
Founded in 1901, MRA is a nonprofit employer association that serves more than 4,000 employers, covering more than one million employees.
As one of the largest employer associations in the nation, MRA helps its member organizations thrive by offering the most comprehensive assortment of HR services, information, education, and resources to help build successful workplaces and a powerful workforce.
We partner with these companies working directly with their HR department and leadership to hire their talent. We are a direct line to the company, not an agency recruiter.
Powered by JazzHR
MRA Recruiting Services
ConstructionView all jobs at MRA Recruiting Services