- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Sjoberg Tool & Manufacturing Corp. – HR Generalist
We focus on maintaining a family-friendly environment and offer cross-training so we can promote from within when the opportunity arises. We work hard to help all our team members develop long-term, successful careers with Sjoberg Tool and put pride into everything we do.
Administers policies relating to all phases of human resources activity by performing the following duties.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
This list of duties and responsibilities is not all inclusive and may be expanded to include other duties and responsibilities, as management may deem necessary from time to time.
- Maintains knowledge of legal requirements and government reporting regulations affecting human resources functions and ensures policies, procedures, and reporting are incompliance.
- Recruits, interviews, tests, and selects employees to fill vacant positions.
- Plans and conducts new employee orientation to foster positive attitude toward company goals.
- Keeps records of benefits plans participation such as insurance and pension plan, personnel transactions such as hires, promotions, transfers, performance reviews, and terminations, and employee statistics for government reporting.
- Trains management in interviewing, hiring, terminations, promotions, performance review, safety, and sexual harassment.
- Advises management in appropriate resolution of employee relations issues.
- Responds to inquiries regarding policies, procedures, and programs.
- Assists with the preparation of the performance review process to ensure effectiveness, compliance, and equity within organization.
- Administers benefits programs such as life, health, dental and disability insurances, pension plans, vacation, sick leave, leave of absence, and employee assistance.
- Assists with workers compensation claims.
- Conducts wage surveys within labor market to determine competitive wage rate.
- Prepares employee separation notices and related documentation, and conducts exit interviews to determine reasons behind separations.
- Organize, maintain, process, and update accurately all employee records and files.
- Compose and prepare letters, memos, correspondence, etc., using word processing software.
- Assists with planning and execution of special events such as benefits enrollment, organization-wide meetings, employee recognition events, holiday parties, and retirement celebrations.
- Assist with payroll functions including processing, answering employee questions, fixing processing errors, and distributing checks.
- Enforces management guidelines by preparing, updating, and recommending human resource policies and procedures.
- Ensures accurate time and attendance information is transmitted to the Payroll System weekly. Work collaboratively with Managers to identify and address exceptions and document any corrections.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
If you’re ready to start something new with a company that cares about your career and a great team to to support you, apply today! We’ll start with a phone call and take it from there!
We Make it Easy
Founded in 1901, MRA is a nonprofit employer association that serves more than 4,000 employers, covering more than one million employees.
As one of the largest employer associations in the nation, MRA helps its member organizations thrive by offering the most comprehensive assortment of HR services, information, education, and resources to help build successful workplaces and a powerful workforce.
We partner with these companies working directly with their HR department and leadership to hire their talent. We are a direct line to the company, not an agency recruiter.
Powered by JazzHR
MRA Recruiting Services
BusinessView all jobs at MRA Recruiting Services