Food Production Cook
- Posted: over a month ago
Youthprise Job Posting: Food Production Cook
Youthprise is a philanthropic organization that works to increase equity with and for Minnesota’s Indigenous, low-income, and racially diverse youth. Youthprise does this by directly supporting youth and youth-serving organizations through mobilizing and investing resources, advancing knowledge, and advocating for change. Youthprise’s three priority areas are learning and leadership, economic opportunity, and health and safety.
The Food Production Cook demonstrates professional behavior and promotes positive relationships with youth, parents, staff, and others to build customer support for the Child and Adult Care Food Program (CACFP) and Summer Food Service Program (SFSP). Production kitchens are responsible for the receiving, storing, organizing, and distributing food and supply items to the satellite kitchens. The Food Production Cook has the responsibility of coordinating the timely preparation, packaging, and distribution of foods to the satellite kitchens. This includes organizing workload to assure advanced thawing and pre-preparation of foods for future meals in accordance with Hazard Analysis Critical Control Points (HACCP) and state and local food codes. The Food Production Cook must cooperate with other staff to assure efficient use of time and resources. The Food Production Cook follows the daily food production schedule to assure correct quantities of food are prepared and sent to each satellite school. In addition to food production for satellites, the Food Production Cook is responsible for entrée preparation at the production school site.
- Follows HACCP standardized recipes and portion control measures to assure the amounts of food produced to meet customer needs and menu nutritional goals as planned
- Follows production schedule for quantities of food to be prepared. Plans food production to meet satellite delivery and build meal service schedules
- Uses food production techniques that conserve nutrients, preserve flavor, and enhance appearance
- Develops and follows HACCP principles to assure safe preparation and storage of food and supplies
- Collaboratively works with the Kitchen Manager to develop new recipes, test food products, and implement procedures that assure high-quality food is being produced and served
- Cooperates with other staff to assure efficient use of time and resources
- Follows the daily food production schedule to assure correct quantities of food are prepared and sent to each satellite school
- In addition to food production for satellites, the Food Production Cook is responsible for entrée preparation at the production school site
- Maintain a clean and sanitary workstation. Establishes a schedule and follows standard procedures for cleaning equipment, utensils, and work area. Follows procedures to maintain effective insect and rodent control
- 30 hours/week, regular employee
- This is a non-exempt position at an hourly rate of $20-22, depending on qualifications and experience. Benefits include paid time off, medical, dental, 403(b), and more.
**Must be a Minnesota resident**
Education, Qualifications, and Skills:
- High school diploma or equivalent, required
- Basic mathematics, communication, and computer skills
- ServSafe Certification and/or current Minnesota Food Manager Certification
- A minimum of one year of experience and demonstrated knowledge in quantity food production and equipment use
- Successful completion of a 35-hour in-house training program
- Demonstrated competency on a minimum of five (5) pieces of food production equipment
- Ability to accurately count, record, and maintain inventory, HACCP, and food production Records
- Ability to lift and carry 50 pounds, and push and pull 95 pounds of force
- Ability to stand/walk on hard floors
- Ability to adapt to changes in room temperature
- Ability to work in the presence of loud background noise
To apply and send a resume:
Closing Date: May 30, 2022, or until filled
Interviewing may take place during the application period
Youthprise is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer.
We Make it Easy
Founded in 1901, MRA is a nonprofit employer association that serves more than 4,000 employers, covering more than one million employees.
As one of the largest employer associations in the nation, MRA helps its member organizations thrive by offering the most comprehensive assortment of HR services, information, education, and resources to help build successful workplaces and a powerful workforce.
We partner with these companies working directly with their HR department and leadership to hire their talent. We are a direct line to the company, not an agency recruiter.
Powered by JazzHR
MRA Recruiting Services
FoodView all jobs at MRA Recruiting Services