Mechanic and CDL Driver Class A
MR Asphalt, Inc Missoula, MT
- Posted: over a month ago
- $18 to $25 Hourly
Local Montana company seeking Class A CDL Drivers.
SIGNING BONUS OFFERED !
The position supports asphalt paving crew by hauling equipment to job sites, unloading, and assisting crews with tasks as needed. Also, hauling asphalt material or rock to job sites and at our paving plant. Ability to work on trucks and heavy equipment a PLUS! Wages DOE but starting at $18/hour. Our season is April - November. We are looking for people who like a hard days work, being part of a team, and are appreciative of a good job done right. Give me a call. let's talk!
Class A Truck Driver Job Duties and Responsibilities
- Fully understanding of how to operate and safely drive your assigned delivery vehicle
- Drive trucks with a Gross Vehicle Weight (GVW) over 26,000 lbs.
- Pull a towed weight exceeding 10,000 lbs.
- Ensure trailer hitch is properly and securely attached to the tractor unit
- Transport goods, livestock, etc. from the place of origin to assigned destination
- Pick-up loads and organizes goods in an ordered, logical manner
- Ensure contents are properly secured inside of the truck to prevent breakage or damage
- Safely and efficiently handle and unload goods at selected destinations
- Obtain signatures or warehouse scans to confirm and complete deliveries with clients
- Assist in mapping delivery routes
- Stay on a predetermined route and ensure timely deliveries
- Communicate with dispatch as needed
- Confirm contents of each shipment load matches the manifest document
- Perform inspections of your vehicle prior to and following each trip
- Check weather conditions and road reports before departure
- Always ensure your vehicle is kept clean
- Maintain and service vehicle as needed (refuel, change oil, tire pressure, repairs, etc.)
- Notify managers of any major maintenance or delivery issues encountered
- Follow delivery schedule and rest at appropriate times
- Maintain detailed driving and delivery logs
- Track and report working hours
- Adhere to company rules and regulations
- Obey all applicable traffic laws and drive according to the weather/road conditions
- Comply with ICC and DOT regulations
- Make safety a priority at all times
Class A Truck Driver Requirements and Qualifications
- High school diploma or GED equivalent preferred
- Valid Class A driver’s license required
- 2+ years proven experience with tractor-trailer driving preferred
- Clean driving record with no moving violations
- Must pass a background check and drug test
- Skilled at driving large vehicles
- Comfortable maneuvering and parking a tractor-trailer
- Alert, focused, and detail-oriented
- Physically and mentally fit
- Ability to lift up to 50 lbs. at a time
- Able to operate an electric lift, hand trucks, pallet jacks, etc.
- Proficient using GPS and other routing systems
- An innate sense of direction
- Disciplined, dependable, and resourceful
- High level of composure and good stress management
MR Asphalt, IncWhy Work Here?
Plenty of hours in season. Time off Dec-March for hunting and honey do lists! Be home every night. Bonus at end of season.
Transportation and Storage