IT Support Specialist
- Posted: 27 days ago
MPX - SFX in Portland, ME is looking to hire a full-time IT Support Specialist. Are you a curious, driven, and experienced IT professional? Would you like to work for an innovative company that values your contributions? If so, please read on!
This developer position earns a competitive salary. We also offer great benefits and perks, including medical, dental, a health savings account (HSA), a 401(k), paid time off (PTO), paid holidays, flexible spending accounts (FSAs), short- and long-term disability, life insurance, tuition reimbursement, a wellness program, and company outings throughout the year. If this sounds like the right developer opportunity for you, apply today!
ABOUT MPX - SFX
Founded in 1941, MPX is a technology company that provides comprehensive communications solutions. We employ programmers who provide form design, web interface, and other technical solutions to customers from a variety of industries. Our clients hire us to solve complex business challenges, so we focus on quality, highly responsive service and investing in the right people and the right technology to get the job done.
Our team embraces our role as responsible, involved, community leaders throughout Maine and beyond. We support various health, education, recreational, and environmental organizations. We foster an environment where our employees can contribute time and energy to their families and community. Because of this unique culture, MPX has been named one of the "Best Places to Work in Maine" ten years in a row!
In this role, you will handle requests from MPX staff and automated systems (IT help desk, processing, monitoring, security operations) that require rapid response and resolution, solving what you can and escalating to more senior members of the team when necessary.
- Be the front line for first-level support of MPX IT
- Respond to and resolve support tickets within SLA for processing issues, general IT help desk, web application support
- Juggle multiple open items with varying priorities, escalating where necessary to ensure SLA is met and issues are resolved correctly and timely
- Assist with implementing IT projects both physical and in the cloud
- You get your thrills from diving into different technical problems every day, solving puzzles methodically empirically, and not just putting band-aids on issues only to repeat the exercise again the next day
- Solid general IT knowledge of Windows and Mac operating systems, networking fundamentals
- Responsive, learns fast, communicates technical issues clearly to non-technical staff, moves quickly but gives work the attention to get it right the first time
- Linux and light scripting (PHP, Bash, Python) or AWS experience a plus
Education and Experience:
- Two years' experience in an IT support role
- Bachelor's degree in a related technical field (information technology, computer science, electrical engineering, etc.) a strong plus
WORK SCHEDULE FOR A SENIOR DEVOPS SOFTWARE ENGINEER
This full-time developer position works on site in our Portland, Maine office Monday through Friday from 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM. There will be occasional off hours support requirements.
ARE YOU READY TO JOIN OUR TEAM?
If you feel that you would be right for this cloud computing job, please fill out our initial 3-minute, mobile-friendly application. We look forward to meeting you!
What email should the hiring manager reach you at?