Human Resources Coordinator
- Expired: November 10, 2022. Applications are no longer accepted.
Human Resources Coordinator
WHO YOU ARE:
An HR coordinator with outstanding written, verbal and interpersonal communication skills. An HR coordinator is expected to be a conceptual thinker with fantastic organizational and time management skills. You will have excellent administrative and IT skills with the ability to multitask and adapt in a fast-paced environment.
Think you've got what it takes?
- Provide Human Resources support and service to the district and central office departments
- Monitor staff with certificates of eligibility, certificates of eligibility with advanced standing and provisional licenses to ensure they are making a timely progression to Standard licensure
- Assist staff in the procedures for obtaining standard certification, when necessary
- Work collaboratively with the Executive Director in the grievance process
- Process forms related to the personnel department (unemployment forms, sexual misconduct/child abuse disclosure release, loan forgiveness, etc)
- Manage job postings and recruitment
- Manage pension and benefits enrollments
- Working collaboratively with Payroll Coordinator regarding health benefits and payroll functions
- Monitor staff PTO
- Onboarding of all new staff
- Other duties as assigned.
WE'RE EXCITED ABOUT YOU IF YOU HAVE:
- Bachelor's degree in human resources or related.
- 2 years of experience as an HR coordinator.
- Exposure to payroll practices.
- Understanding of the NJ Pension system.
WHO WE ARE:
Marion P. Thomas Charter School's (MPTCS) mission is to build culturally rich, transformative educational spaces that cultivate successful, lifelong innovators who use their passions, character, and intellect to better themselves, the greater Newark community, and the world beyond. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, handicap, age, religion, sexual orientation, or national or ethnic origin. We are an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.
- The opportunity to join an experienced, diverse, and mission-driven team that is passionate about educational equity
- Compensation: Competitive annual salary
- Healthcare: Medical, dental, vision, STD, LTD, and Life Insurance policies
- Family Focus: Parental/Family leave so you can care for your loved ones
- Pension: Eligibility for participation in the state pension plan
- Learning & Development: A culture that encourages and promotes professional growth and development
Next Steps: MPTCS is currently reviewing applications on a rolling basis. Due to the high volume of responses received not every applicant will be contacted. If you meet the qualifications, you will be contacted to move forward in the selection process.
Effective October 18, 2021, Marion P. Thomas Charter School will require all employees to provide to Human Resources either (1) proof of vaccination against COVID-19. This information will be maintained in a secure application that will be accessible by a limited group of Human Resources staff.
Get fresh HR Coordinator jobs daily straight to your inbox!
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.