23-24 Vice Principal
- $110,000 Yearly
The mission of Marion P. Thomas Charter School is to build culturally rich, transformative educational spaces that cultivate successful, lifelong innovators who use their passions, character, and intellect to better themselves, the greater Newark community, and the world beyond.
WHO YOU ARE:
A Vice Principal that encompasses the district's vision and under direction will assist in the planning, organizing, and supervision of the day-to-day operations of a school; provide leadership and assistance to teachers in the implementation of educational programs, activities, curriculum guidelines, and all other instructional objectives as defined by the Principal in charge; and perform all other related duties as required.
Do you have what it takes?
- Education and Experience:
- Master's Degree from an accredited college or university.
- New Jersey Principal Standard Certificate or a Certificate of Eligibility for Principal.
- Assists in the coordination and implementation of school programs.
- Assists in the planning and organization of school program goals and objectives, teacher and student school schedules, and state and district tests and other assessment programs.
- As assigned, plans and authorizes all assembly programs.
- Prepares/writes other reports and literature relative to school programs, goals, and objectives.
- Performs classroom observations and other instructional activities.
- Assists in the supervision of instructional and non-instructional personnel.
- As assigned, signs and verifies accident reports.
- As assigned, evaluates/investigates complaints.
- Maintains files and records for circulars, bulletins, statistical data and reports, unsatisfactory performance ratings, and school inventory.
- Attends parent conferences and faculty meetings.
- Attends/participates in grade-level meetings.
- Attends District/Region-sponsored vice principal meetings, workshops, and other training sessions.
- Confers with the Principal, teachers, parents, students, and stakeholders.
- Performs all other related duties as required.
- Salary range: $110,000
- Term of Employment: 12 Months
- Union: MPTEA
Are You Ready To Join The Village?
Here's what you can expect-
- The opportunity to join an experienced, diverse, and mission-driven team that is passionate about educational equity
- Healthcare: Medical, dental, vision, STD, LTD, and Life Insurance policies
- Family Focus: Parental/Family leave so you can care for your loved ones
- Pension: Eligibility for participation in the state pension plan
- Learning & Development: A culture that encourages and promotes professional growth and development
- Bonus - We do our best work to succeed together. When goals are reached and if eligible, you'll be rewarded.
Next Steps: MPTCS is currently reviewing applications on a rolling basis. Due to the high volume of responses received not every applicant will be contacted. If you meet the qualifications, you will be contacted to move forward in the selection process.
Marion P. Thomas Charter School provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
EducationView All MPTCS Jobs
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.