Shop Mechanic 1
- Posted: over a month ago
Performs a variety of tasks including inspection, troubleshooting, maintenance and repairs on small/midsized gasoline and diesel engine driven equipment such as pipeline fusion equipment, deployment trailers, generators, light towers, etc. Performs general maintenance and repair on a variety of towed trailers such as utility flatbed, gooseneck, enclosed etc. Prepares customer work estimates, writes repair work orders and records inventory used. Replenishes service parts inventory as required. Keeps work area organized and prioritizes work based on customer needs and company targets. Works under direct supervision of the Branch Manager or Rental Operations Manager.
- Small gas/diesel engine maintenance and repair
- Basic engine electrical system troubleshooting and repair
- Hydraulic system maintenance and repair – pumps, drives, valves and cylinders
- Preventative maintenance – lubrication, filtration and fluid changes; administer PM schedules
- Service writing: reported symptom, estimates, diagnosis and documenting repair & parts used
- Final preparation of repaired equipment before return to service – testing, cleaning, painting
- Ability to prioritize work and maintain an organized, clean workspace
- Works with Shop Apprentice and other Shop Mechanics to accomplish rental goals
- High school diploma or equivalent required
- Good oral and written communication skills
- Basic computer proficiency
- 1+ years related mechanic role or experience – auto/truck, farm and/or lawn equipment
- Repair knowledge in one or more of the following is required: small gasoline engine, diesel engine, electrical engine/control systems, trailer wiring (winch, lights and/or brakes), hydraulic systems (pumps, valves, cylinders, drive units).
- Ability to operate material handling equipment (pallet jack, forklift, telehandler)
- Ability to sit, stand, stoop, balance, crawl, reach with arms, kneel, push/pull/lift 50 pounds
- Ability to drive company vehicles
- Must pass background, motor vehicle history and drug screening
- Mechanic shop or storage yard depending on equipment
- Occasional field service in remote locations
This job description is intended to convey information essential to understanding the scope of the job and the general nature and level of work performed by job holders within this job. This job description is not intended to be an exhaustive list of qualifications, skills, efforts, duties, responsibilities or working conditions associated with the position.
Milford is an Equal Opportunity Employer and a drug free workplace.
MPS Enterprises, Inc. DBA Milford
AutomotiveView all jobs at MPS Enterprises, Inc. DBA Milford