Job Title: Revenue Operations Specialist I – Payment Posting
Reports To: Revenue Operations Manager
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
GENERAL PURPOSE OF THE JOB:
The individual in this position will support the Infusion business accounts. This person will collaborate and support the Revenue Operations Manager by maintaining accurate and timely reconciliation of AR account and cash applications.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Collections and Payments:
· Post paper and electronic remits to include weekly/monthly balancing and scan EOBs to appropriate location in the billing system.
· Track electronic insurance deposits and verify against EOB.
· 3-way balancing with cash logs, bank statements, and posted payments.
· Ensure all monies are posted and balanced for month-end.
· Input information on appropriate tracking spreadsheets.
· Ensure compliance with regulatory bodies, all insurances, deductibles, coinsurance, out of pocket maximums.
· Execute good written and verbal communication skills when interacting with corporate insurances, clinical staff, and patients.
SECONDARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
· Assist in various projects i.e. claim projects, accounts receivable reports, acquisition assistance, etc.
· Maintain patient records and confidentiality via the electronic Medical Record System.
· Develops an effective communication mechanism for the Home Office to promote a positive image with clinics patients, visitors, co-workers, physicians, office personnel, and external agencies.
· Assist with month-end in any facet.
· Attends necessary meetings related to department activities.
· Performs other duties as assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
· Minimum 1-2 years of related prior work experience required, preferably in the healthcare industry.
· Proven competencies can take precedence over prior work experience.
· High school graduate or equivalent; associates or bachelor’s degree preferred.
· Proficient (intermediate level of application) with all Microsoft Office Products programs.
· Knowledge of insurance, accounting, medical billing, HIPAA, Medicare/Medicaid, medical abbreviations and terminology, preferred.
· Must possess outstanding communication and interpersonal skills, be able to communicate professionally and effectively with other staff members, patients, vendors and physicians, and is fluent in written and spoken English.
· Experience supporting multiple managers/supervisors.
· Prior experience working with sensitive information and maintaining confidentiality.
· Travel minimal in this role, but can be up to 10%.
WORK ENVIRONMENT & PHYSICAL DEMANDS:
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. The physical demands described below are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
The employee is frequently required to sit and infrequently required to stand, lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is required to sit, stand; walk and talk, and hear. Requires excellent visual dexterity and manual dexterity.
Lakewood, Colorado, United States