Senior Regulatory Affairs Specialist
MPF Federal is seeking a Senior Regulatory Affairs Specialist for a full time job opportunity. This position has a requirement to report on site 40 hours per week Monday through Friday. The successful candidate will have a minimum of five years experience as a Senior Regulatory Affairs Specialist.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS INCLUDE BUT ARE NOT LIMITED TO:
Serves as a core member of integrated product teams (IPTs) and member of internal regulatory teams in support of drug, biologic, and medical device products, which includes:
- Reviewing of all regulatory documentation for the product development effort to include reviewing, editing, and coordination of document submissions to the FDA;
- Identifying regulatory issues that need input of other regulatory Subject Matter Experts (SMEs) and obtaining that input; aiding with clinical and nonclinical protocol development and review; providing guidance on regulatory pathway development and regulatory strategy;
- Providing guidance to IPTs in the conduct of meetings with the FDA;
- Providing guidance to IPTs for development of contract documents and statement of works for the development of medical devices, drugs or biologic products
- Ensure all FDA communications, both formal and informal are documented in the Sponsors Electronic Document Management System (EDMS) for Army Surgeon General sponsored products;
- Ensuring timely receipt of and providing regulatory review of all FDA communications for externally sponsored products, serve as a point-of-contact with FDA and regulatory staff of external collaborators.
- Providing regulatory assessment, consult, and regulatory opinion for medical devices, drugs, biologics
- Understand and apply Good Clinical Practices (GCP), Good Laboratory Practices (GLP), and Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP) or Quality Systems Regulation (QSR) compliance for medical devices.
- Establishing and complying with standard operating procedures.Populating the sponsor’s trial master file for clinical studies and perform audits of trial master files to ensure all documentation is included
- Assists in the tracking/reporting of the Army Surgeon General sponsored drug, biologic, and medical device products; as well as any required Annual Report due dates and maintenance of relevant file shares and the SERF. The Contractor shall assist in the completion of FDA forms (g. 1571, 1572, 2252) per 21 Code of Federal Regulations (CFR) and/or USAMMDA policy and/or regulations.
- Supports the Common Technical Document requirements (CTD) and electronic CTD (eCTD) publishing for drug/biologic product development efforts. The Contractor shall support the appropriate FDA premarket and post market regulatory requirements for medical device development efforts.
- Assists in the preparation of document output that meets requirements for publishing documents that interact appropriately with sponsor and/or regulatory agency software systems/program The Contractor shall ensure that all final electronic deliverables meet current regulatory electronic document requirements and guidance.
- Experience applying FDA Title 21 CFR for clinical research, regulatory compliance and quality review of submissions to the FDA relating to product approval; regulatory affairs guidance and policy document development, regulations and guidelines to ensure FDA clinical research compliance, and regulations and guidelines to ensure compliance to design controls for the development of devices.
- Experience in medical product development.
- Experience in GLP studies and GCP Regulations.
- Experience in coordination of regulatory activities within internal and external teams.
- Solid understanding of the FDA eCTD processes.
- Experience in advising product development teams on regulatory issues.
- Prior experience as an FDA regulatory scientist or experience representing a sponsor before the FDA.
Must be able to work independently following a brief period of specific technical training
Reasonable Accommodation Statement:
To accomplish this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform, with or without reasonable accommodation, each essential function satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to help enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
WORKING CONDITIONS/PHYSICAL DEMANDS:
Work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Laboratory/office environment; may require working evenings and weekends. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; sit; use hands to manipulate objects, tools or controls; reach with hands and arms; climb stairs; balance; stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl; talk or hear. Work may involve long periods of standing and handling of numerous chemicals and/or hazardous biological material. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
MPF Federal is an equal opportunity employer. We offer a competitive compensation package including a competitive salary, medical benefits, PTO, holiday pay and more.