Human Resources Generalist
MP Portsmouth, NH
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Do you currently have a few years of HR Generalist experience and are looking to take your knowledge and career to the next level? MP is currently looking for an HR Generalist to support their HR Services division and serve as an outsourced HR manager for select MP clients. In this role you will perform human resources-related duties and provide HR consultative solutions, approaches, and value for a wide range of businesses and industries. The general territory of this position will be supporting businesses south and west of Boston. Some of the functional areas will include employee relations, training, employment, labor relations, document creation and compliance, among others.
WHAT YOU WILL DO:
- Performs a thorough audit and analysis of each client's business and makes appropriate HR recommendations.
- Creates an organized action plan to help clients maintain compliance, optimize their workforce and meet their respective goals.
- Partners with business owners and their management teams to create and communicate various human resource policies, procedures, laws, standards and government regulations.
- Works with businesses to create a solid HR infrastructure including employee handbooks, job descriptions, performance reviews and other crucial documents.
- Facilitates or provides training (including orientation) to the workforce and management. May assist in the creation of training material as needed.
- Analyzes data and makes recommendations to the management team for corrective action and continuous improvement.
- Responds to clients regarding employee relation issues such as employee complaints, harassment allegations and civil rights complaints.
- Maintains knowledge of trends and changes in Human Resources legislation, and communicates local, state, and federal laws to clients to maintain compliance.
- Conducts new-hire orientations.
- Develops a strong trusted partner relationship with each client to preserve retention.
- Logs all client activity in Salesforce.
WHO YOU ARE:
- 1-2 years of experience in human resource management required. Experience in HR consulting or outsourcing preferred.
- Strong knowledge and confidence in all HR concepts, products and services.
- Excellent customer service skills and client focus.
- Strong time management and scheduling skills.
- Personal effectiveness and credibility.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to prepare and deliver presentations to all size groups.
- College degree in human resource management or a related field preferred.
- PHR and/or SHRM-CP Certification preferred. Must be able to obtain certification within 18 months of hire.
- Local travel to various worksites in New England is required. This will include Boston, North Shore, South Shore, and Western Massachusetts. May also include occasional same-day travel to other New England states.
WHO WE ARE:
Become a part of our growing team and join us in creating better workplaces through cutting edge HR and payroll services and technology. We deeply value our people. MP encourages creativity, welcomes entrepreneurial mindsets, and fosters a highly collaborative work environment. We are committed to delivering five-star customer service to both our customers and to each other as colleagues. MP has experienced explosive growth since we began in 2004. We've been consistently named to the Boston Business Journal's Pacesetters/Fast50 list for the last six years, as well as the Inc. 5000 list. Our team loves working here and so will you (just check out our Glassdoor reviews). Learn more about what it's like working at MP on our website.
BusinessView all jobs at MP