Mountain Pass, CADepartment/Group:
MP Materials (NYSE: MP) is on a mission to restore the full rare earth supply chain to the United States of America. From electric cars to wind turbines and drones, rare earths are essential to the low-carbon, electrified technologies that power modern life. We hire ambitious, mission-driven people motivated to solve problems and affect change. Our values are grounded in teamwork, resiliency, and integrity, with an enduring commitment to our employees, community, and the environment. In the coming years, MP Materials will grow from a core materials and chemical processing company into a large industrial manufacturer. Our employees will lead this exciting transformation and grow professionally with us.The Security Officer, under general supervision of the Security Supervisor, is responsible for the safety and protection of mine personnel, and assets in accordance with applicable laws and regulations.
- Monitors and facilitates visitor sign in and out which includes verifying identity and permission to access facility.
- Conducts hourly sporadic property patrols and documents any issues, conversations, or observances in detail on log.
- Control’s vehicle entrance and monitors and permits entry of visitors by vehicle and on foot and provides direction as needed.
- Uses telephone and radio communication to assist in verifying activities and maintaining security.
- Follows procedures for key control and monitor’s access.
- Provides detailed and thorough communications to Security Officer(s) at the beginning and ending of shifts.
- Completes incident reports and daily activity reports by recording observations, information, occurrences, and surveillance activities. Interviews witnesses, records witness statements, and obtains signatures as necessary. Supplements reports with photo, audio and video footage as needed.
- Serves as the liaison with first responders by sounding life safety alarms, summoning emergency and law enforcement assistance when needed, and communicating in detail about situations with first responders.
- Reacts quickly and professionally to any requests for Security intervention.
- Maintains a positive work relationship with all other department and organizational personnel, while promoting the team concept in the workplace environment.
- Follows all employer safety and health rules.
- Wears and/or uses personal protective equipment, when and how instructed.
- Provide shift pass down to on-coming shift; ensuring any duties that need completion are passed to the next shift.
- Escort emergency personnel to locations where they are needed.
- Patrol facility by way of company provided vehicle.
- Conduct assigned inspections of key areas and various equipment (vehicles, fire extinguishers, life safety equipment, etc.).
- Provide transportation for either injured employees to the nearest medical facility for treatment or drug screening.
- Ensure Security Office is always cleaned and maintained in an orderly manner.
- Other duties as assigned.
- High School or equivalent
- 2+ years’ experience
- Valid California PILB Security License
- Ability to interact positively with the public.
- Ability to observe and analyze situations.
- Ability to take inventory and keep records of keys, vehicles, and visitors to property.
- Constant mental alertness and attention to detail.
- Must be able to handle multiple tasks and projects simultaneously.
- Must be able to read, write, and possess excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Computer proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Proficient in time management; the ability to organize and manage multiple priorities.
- Ability to take initiative and effectively adapt to changes.
- Recognizes an emergency and takes appropriate action.
- Able to establish and maintain a cooperative working relation.
- Able to use sound judgment; work independently, with minimal supervision.
- Performs well with frequent interruptions and/or distractions.
- Valid Driver’s License in order to drive company vehicles on property.
- CPR/AED certification preferred.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Underrepresented groups/Women/Disabled/Veterans are encouraged to apply. Candidates whose disabilities make them unable to meet the position’s requirements will still be considered qualified if they can perform the essential functions of the job with reasonable accommodation.
Your Right To Work – In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment verification document form upon hire.
For Assistance with Application - Alternative methods of applying for employment are available to individuals unable to submit an application through this site because of a disability. Contact Human Resources Department at 702-625-5679; 1700 S. Pavilion Center Dr. Las Vegas, NV 89135 to discuss reasonable accommodations.
MP Materials Corp.Mountain Pass, CA
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.