Project Controls Manager - Cost Lead
- Posted: over a month ago
Cost Management Lead / Project Controls ManagerLocation:
Director, Project Controls
MP Materials (NYSE: MP) is on a mission to restore the full rare earth supply chain to the United States of America. From electric cars to wind turbines and drones, rare earths are essential to the low-carbon, electrified technologies that power modern life. We hire ambitious, mission-driven people motivated to solve problems and affect change. Our values are grounded in teamwork, resiliency, and integrity, with an enduring commitment to our employees, community, and the environment. In the coming years, MP Materials will grow from a core materials and chemical processing company into a large industrial manufacturer. Our employees will lead this exciting transformation and grow professionally with us.MP Materials manages a portfolio of active projects. Project values range from $1M to $250M. The Cost Manager will manage the overall capex project portfolio from a cost control perspective and define the means and methods to monitor individual project’s progress and performance, including establishing key performance indicators and earned value assessments.
- Manage the Ares Prism G2 cost management database, including enterprise coding, security profiles, data imports, monthly close, batch reporting, etc.
- Ensure integrity of cost management database, including reconciliation with SAP
- Create project and portfolio reporting for project teams and executive management
- Establish, maintain & reconcile WBS, work packages, control accounts, risk register and project cost and schedule control, management, and reporting
- Perform earned value analyses and reporting
- Perform critical path(s) analyses and reporting
- Lead reviews of the Contractors’ Schedules and ensure Contractors utilize adequate schedule control techniques and tools
- Develop, implement, and execute Change Management
- Ensure project budget is appropriately included across all control accounts
- Work is largely self-directed, and exercises considerable latitude in determining objectives and approaches to assignments. Provides guidance and manage work activities of others.
- Participate in end of project reviews for lessons learned and opportunities for improvement
- Develop a repository for historical capital project data and metrics
- Develop cost management processes and procedures
- Develop summary dashboards
- Any other tasks as directed by management
- Travel to Las Vegas or subcontractor locations on occasional basis
- Expertise in cost management for medium to large capex projects involving multiple stakeholders
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering or related field of study
- 10+ years progressive work-related experience
- 10+ years industrial project experience
- Excellent leadership, people management, communication and influencing skills
- Excellent theoretical and practical knowledge of design, and construction engineering concepts
- Ability to establish timelines and budgets with proven track record of bringing construction projects in on time and within budget
- Experience with major renovation projects
- Ability to manage, collaborate with, and influence key stakeholders
- Experience in successfully leading projects and programs, on-schedule and within budget
- Working knowledge of optimization techniques and process improvement initiatives
- Verifiable record of career stability and project management success
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office and project management tools
- Primavera P6 and Ares PRISM G2 experience is a plus
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Underrepresented groups/Women/Disabled/Veterans are encouraged to apply. Candidates whose disabilities make them unable to meet the position’s requirements will still be considered qualified if they can perform the essential functions of the job with reasonable accommodation.
Your Right To Work – In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment verification document form upon hire.
For Assistance with Application - Alternative methods of applying for employment are available to individuals unable to submit an application through this site because of a disability. Contact Human Resources Department at 702-625-5679; 6720 Via Austi Parkway, Suite 450, Las Vegas, NV 89119 to discuss reasonable accommodations.
MP Mine Operations LLC
AddressFort Worth, TX
Finance and InsuranceView all jobs at MP Mine Operations LLC