Summary: The Assistant Property Manager is the “right hand” of the Property Manager, focusing on resident customer service and assisting with the day-to-day operations of the community to include leasing activities, renewals, collections and financial reporting.
• Assist and support the Property Manager in effectively managing the property. (from lease up to stabilization) – for lease up status.
• Help to mentor/train the Leasing Agents as needed.
• Assist office staff in leasing units when needed.
• Assume all responsibilities associated with accomplishing property objectives in the property manager’s absence.
• Handle record keeping, reporting, rental revenue, delinquencies, late notices, evictions, resident relations.
• Review the property website and social media accounts daily.
• Accurately create written correspondence to residents.
• Process apartment applications and lease renewals by accurately completing all related paper work.
• Create resident files by including all related paperwork and documentation; properly file away in the appropriate location.
• Assist the maintenance department by ensuring apartment turnovers, moves-in, move-outs, and work order requests are completed to company/community standards.
• Demonstrated commitment to working safely and taking effective action to ensure that the work environment is safe for co-workers, residents and guests.
• Stay up to date on required training.
• Uphold company best practices, policies and guidelines.
• Other projects as assigned.
• Strong knowledge of property management law and resident relations.
• Must have excellent written and verbal communications skills.
• Must be detail oriented.
• Ability to quickly develop rapport with prospective residents.
• Must be a motivated self-starter with the ability to work well in a team setting.
• The ability to handle multiple tasks in a fast-paced environment.
• Ability to quickly adapt and change priorities while professionally managing interruptions.
• Must be organized and able to meet assigned deadlines.
• Must pay strong attention to detail, accurately completing required paperwork.
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office products.
• Proficiency in using property management software.
• Must pass background check.
Required Education and Experience
• Minimum of Associate degree preferred.
• 1-3 years property management experience to including accounting, leasing, and customer service experience
• Previous experience with property management software.
• Previous people management experience
• Proficiency with Microsoft Office products required.
• Experience with Yardi, Yeildstar, and Rent Cafe preferred
• A criminal background check will be conducted