Mechanical / Underground Construction Foreman
MONTEREY PENINSULA ENGINEERING Monterey, CA
- Posted: over a month ago
- $80,000 to $125,000 Yearly
- Benefits: 401k, dental, medical
Construction Foreman (Underground)
THIS IS NOT AN ENTRY LEVEL POSITION. PRIOR EXPERIENCE IS REQUIRED.
IF YOU HAVE YOUR OWN CREW, INVITE THEM TO APPLY WITH US. WE MAY HIRE THE CREW AS WELL.
- Understand blueprints and specifications to determine work requirements
- Analyze and classify soil conditions and understand the impact of other environmental factors
- Plan daily production means and methods and coordinate construction activities.
- Supervise construction personnel and direct subcontractors
- Train construction personnel and monitor performance
- Be responsible for all aspects of site safety for both personnel and the public
- Inspect equipment or tools to be used in the construction or excavation
- Estimate materials requirements for projects / procure materials and monitor usage
- Recordkeeping / Documentation of labor, equipment and work performed
- Assist with project invoicing
- Communicate and coordinate clients, inspectors, and public agencies
Tools Used Include:
- Computer / Smart Phone / Camera
- Pickup, service body, or flatbed crew truck
- Hand tools
- Gas / Electric / Air power tools
- Grade and Slope Lasers
- Shoring jacks / Shields
- Heavy Construction Equipment (backhoes, excavators, loaders, trenchers, etc.)
Monterey Peninsula Engineering is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, disability, age, veteran status, marital status, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, mental or physical disability, medical condition including genetic characteristics, or any other consideration made unlawful by federal, state, or local laws.
MONTEREY PENINSULA ENGINEERINGWhy Work Here?
Positive work environment, great area to live, good schools,Potential for growth
Since 1980, Monterey Peninsula Engineering has been building quality projects. MPE is a general engineering contractor specializing in installing underground utilities, grading, paving and other general site work.
ConstructionView all jobs at MONTEREY PENINSULA ENGINEERING