Join our growing MONOGRAM design team in our Washington, DC headquarters!
MONOGRAM – Hospitality
Design Director and/or Principal
This is an experienced hospitality interior designer role, with responsibility for interior design for hospitality & hotel projects. The candidate will be responsible for developing and maintaining design concepts through all phases of conceptual and schematic design phases.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Drives interior design concepts and planning for projects.
- Meets the client’s project goals, objectives and quality expectations, and communicate this information to the project team.
- Maintain communicates and positive relationships with the client, consultants and team members.
- May oversee the work of other designers.
- Coordinates with project managers as necessary.
- Responsible for execution of design concepts and FF&E specifications, as appropriate for project goals and requirements.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Bachelors or above in Interior Design, Environmental Design or Fine Arts.
- NCIDQ desirable.
- 8-10 years experience in leading or participating in the design of large-scale projects, with strong project design operation management, the ability to comprehend the project and the owner’s demands, with good communication and coordination skills.
- Ability to develop conceptual design and schematic design.
- Excellent project management capability.
- Strong interior design capability for hospitality projects, and the ability to mentor team members and offer guidance.
- Proficiency in AutoCAD and Revit required.
- Proficiency in Photoshop, PowerPoint, SketchUp and InDesign preferred.
- Design experience in large hotel projects for guestrooms and public spaces preferred.
- Design experience with luxury hospitality brands preferred.
- Dedication with responsibility and a good teamwork spirit.
- Ability to complete tasks with accuracy and with strong attention to detail.
- Ability to consistently meet deadlines, completing tasks as previously defined.
- Ability to work with integrity, trust and commitment.
Physical Requirements / Work Environment
- Normal office environment with moderate noise levels, occasional lifting of up to 25 lbs., regular walking, sitting, bending, twisting, standing and reaching.
- Ability to perform consistent work on PC.
- Occasional domestic or international travel may be required.
We offer competitive salary, medical, dental and vision benefits, paid sick leave, PTO and a great location! MONOGRAM at BBGM is an Affirmative Action/EEO Employer who values workplace diversity.