Sales Development Specialist
- Posted: over a month ago
Position: Sales Development Specialist
Department: Sales Support
Reports to: Director of Sales Support
Date: May 2022
The Sales Development Specialist provides administrative support and assistance to the sales team by facilitating the gathering, analysis, preparation and necessary documentation to support the client deliverables within a designated timeframe. Communicates with sales and other internal staff and customers. Responds to inquiries, resolves problems, and obtains additional documentation needed to support the sales process.
- Assist with assembling bids, including help with specifications, discounting, pricing, teaming and dealer agreements as well as pulling supplemental materials as needed in conjunction with marketing team as needed
- Assist with client proposals, utilizing CORE system
- Manage loose package proposals and day 2 business
- Work with manufacturers to address technical questions, verify discounts, verify lead times, identify any potential up-charges, estimate freight (if applicable)
- Work to obtain any special pricing from a manufacturer including final documentation to support any discounts in excess of standard.
- Assist in coordinating samples, demos, and presentations as needed for the client
- Other duties as assigned
- Accountability and dependability
- Adaptability, positive attitude, professionalism and flexibility
- Ability to build relationships
- Excellent customer service skills
- Ability to work independently
- Strong attention to detail
- Requires excellent oral and written communication skills
- Ability to process computer data and to format and generate reports
- Proficient in office computer software use (Word, Excel, Outlook, etc.)
- CAP and or 20/20 proficiency preferred
- Excellent problem solving skills
- Must possess excellent time management skills; must be able to handle multiple projects with deadlines in a fast-paced environment
- Excellent organizational skills required
- Knowledge of the government/commercial selling processes preferred
Education & Experience:
Bachelor’s Degree with 3-5 years of experience in sales support preferably in interior design, construction/or furniture industry; specifically around customer service, solution development and opportunity coordination, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
While performing the duties of this job, the employees are regularly required to stand; walk; sit; use hands and fingers to handle or feel; reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision, and ability to adjust focus.
General office environment. Work is generally sedentary in nature, but may require standing and walking for up to 10% of the time. The working environment is generally favorable. Lighting and temperature are adequate, and there are no hazardous or unpleasant conditions caused by noise, dust, etc. Work is generally performed within an office environment, with standard office equipment available.
***All MOI hires are contingent upon successfully passing a background check and drug screen. Additionally, employment with MOI is contingent upon providing proof of eligibility to work in the United States and proof of vaccination from COVID-19.***
BusinessView all jobs at MOI, Inc