- Diagnose, prescribe, and provide treatment for animal health conditions, consult with owners of animals about preventative health care and carry out medical and surgical procedures such as vaccinations, dental work, radiology, endoscopy, orthopedics, etc.
- Examine animals to diagnose their health problems
- Diagnose and treat animals for medical conditions
- Diagnose and treat trauma and injuries
- Perform surgery on animals
- Test for and vaccinate against diseases
- Operate medical equipment such as x-ray machines, endoscopy, ultrasound,
- Advise animal owners about general care, medical conditions, and
- Prescribe medication
- Euthanize animals.
- California licensure required
- 2-5 years of experience as veterinarian preferred
- Demonstrate compassion
- Possess excellent decision-making skills
- Strong communication skills are essential
- Manual dexterity is important because one must control hand movements and be precise when treating injuries and performing surgery
- Strong problem-solving skills are important in ruling out what is ailing animals
- Occasionally required to sit
- Frequently required to stand and walk
- Required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel – finger dexterity and hand coordination required
- Specific vision abilities required are: close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust or focus
- Occasionally required to reach with hands and arms
- Frequently required to talk or hear
- Occasionally required to bend, lift, or climb
- Often required to lift light weights (less than 25 pounds)
- Occasionally required to lift moderate weights (25-40 pounds)
- Infrequently required to lift, with assistance, weight 50 pounds or above
- Exposure to moving mechanical parts
- Exposure to fumes or airborne particles
- Exposure to toxic or caustic chemicals
- Possible risk of electrical shock
- Possible risk of radiation
- Personal protective clothing and equipment required
- The noise level in the work environment is usually loud with large amount of background noise
MOHNACKY ANIMAL HOSPITALS INCEscondido, CA
How can the hiring manager reach you?
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.