Imagine if everyone had a place to go where they were encouraged to embrace their individuality and come as they are. A place fostering an environment that supports human growth and recognizes the value in second chances. This is the kind of place that MOD is committed to creating and maintaining every single day. By creating a culture where individual spirits are celebrated, we believe that our teams will feel empowered and committed to providing that same experience for every single customer that walks through the door.
With more than 400 locations across 28 states and the United Kingdom, MOD is committed to creating a positive social impact within these communities, creating not only an exciting place to eat, but a place where others are inspired to bring about change. We call it Spreading MODness.
The Supply Chain Manager reports to the Senior Manager of Supply Chain. You will be responsible for ensuring product availability, quality and cost effectiveness across the enterprise while delivering the MOD experience. You will maintain strong partnerships with all vendors, meet product needs on a timely basis and evaluate and recommend new products to enhance standards and drive P&L metrics. You will work with the supply chain team to execute the annual MOD strategic plan.
- Assist in the timely resolution of day-to-day issues that occur at MOD Pizza locations
- Independently solve problems and make decisions for tactical issues
- Facilitate supplier involvement in joint continuous improvement efforts with focus on quality and lead-time
- Reinforce and promote procurement standards and best practices
- Negotiate or assist in negotiating cost effective pricing programs for all supplies and services, adhering to MOD guidelines and quality specifications
- Evaluate or assist in the evaluation of proposals and determination of suppliers; review proposed products and services
- Build and maintain solid relationships with strategic supply chain partners
- Support the vendor onboarding process
- Partner with Culinary and Operations Services to enhance menu offerings at favorable pricing
- Identify areas for cost reduction and support efforts to improve value wherever possible
- Evaluate impact resulting from changes and exceptions in processes
- Identify and mitigate food safety and quality risks throughout the supply chain
- 5+ years of direct work experience in process and project management
- Degree in Supply Chain Management or related field or equivalent experience.
- Very strong analytical, planning, and problem-solving skills, with the ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously
- Base understanding and working knowledge of purchasing and supply management, and how it relates to operations.
- Ability to run cost savings analysis measuring savings/impact.
- Familiarity with operational needs, functions and objectives.
- Ability to travel
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to manage multiple projects at a time
- An understanding and commitment to MOD’s values
- Restaurant Experience
Office work involves remaining in a stationary position most of the time in front of a computer, using a keyboard, mouse and telephone. Regularly operate a computer and other office equipment. Occasionally move about the work site to access file cabinets, office equipment, etc. Exert up to 10 lbs. of force occasionally, and/or a negligible amount of force frequently or regularly move objects. Communicate and exchange information with co-workers and other individuals in person and electronically.
This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive. Employee may perform other related duties as assigned to meet the ongoing needs of the organization.
Want to help us spread MODness? Apply today!
Our largely diverse community of MOD Squaders plays a huge role in making MOD a place that is welcoming to people from all backgrounds and walks of life. It is our mission to build up communities that empower and inspire one another, celebrating our differences and appreciating all that we each have to offer. In this regard, MOD is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and is committed to providing equal opportunity for all employees and applicants. MOD recruits, hires, trains, promotes, compensates, and administers all personnel actions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sex stereotyping, pregnancy (which includes pregnancy, childbirth, and medical conditions related to pregnancy, childbirth, or breastfeeding), gender, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, age, mental or physical disability, ancestry, medical condition, marital status, military or veteran status, citizenship status, sexual orientation, genetic information, or any other status protected by applicable law.