MOD Pizza Moscow, ID
- Expired: November 17, 2020. Applications are no longer accepted.
Apply now General Manager REQ ID: 28875 LOCATION:
Moscow, ID, US, 83843
No matter who you are or where you come from, you are welcome here. At MOD, we embrace individuality, support human growth, and recognize the value in second chances.
Every day and in every store, we create a culture where individual spirits are celebrated. And as part of MOD, you will be empowered to provide that same experience for every single customer that walks through the door.
We're growing, with more than 400 locations across 28 states, and Canada. So we're always looking for people who demonstrate what we call the 4G's: Grit, Growth, Generosity, and Gratitude. You'll help us create a positive social impact in your community, making MOD an exciting place to eat and a place where others are inspired to bring about change. We call it Spreading MODness. Come be part of it.Summary
As a MOD Pizza General Manager, you directly contribute to the success of the MOD community by leading a team of MOD Squad members to maintain and deliver the MOD commitment for their customers. This is a position that requires business savvy, a high level of accountability, a genuine love for people and a desire to share MOD's purpose with them. Success is not just measured through managing the store's financial performance, but just as importantly, on developing others and inspiring them to do their best to help the greater good. You will work beside and lead all aspects of your MOD team in-order to build and maintain the MOD experience. Your objective is to live, teach, and demonstrate MOD Pizza culture in all interactions with your Squad and Customers.Key Responsibilities
We Engage & Inspire
- We have GRIT, GENEROSITY, GRATITUDE & GROWTH
- Share your knowledge with others to encourage and champion operational success
- Celebrate store success with one another
We Select and Develop Outstanding Squad members, All-Stars, Captains, & AGMs
- Interview potential new Squad members, utilize feedback from the AGM, and hire new Squad
- Ensure every Squad member represents the MOD brand
- Recognize and develop leaders who are willing and able to succeed in their new role (Captains, All-Stars & Squad)
- Meaningfully connect with your Squad, inspire with a vision, instill confidence, guide them to make each other better, and share what's going on in the store (weekly development of team with measured results)
- Recognize the Squad for their achievements and show how they bring value to MOD
We schedule/deploy our Squad effectively
- Utilize forecasts to thoughtfully plan schedules
- Schedule the right Squad to deliver outstanding customer experiences during peak and non-peak times
- Provide the right Squad to complete prep accurately and on time
- Pair Squad in training and All-Stars together with enough time to effectively train
We train and lead every MOD Squad
- Create a sustainable training system utilizing all of MOD's training resources
- Follow all food safety standards and procedures
- Provide timely, honest feedback to the Squad, All-Stars, and newly hired Squad
- Host great orientations, designate All-Stars, and facilitate cross-training
- Pair Squad-in-training and All-Stars together with enough time to effectively train
- Have continuous improvement mentoring moments with squad (positive feedback on performance, opportunities for improvement, conflict resolution, having the tough conversations, and decisive decision making)
- Engage your Squad, build their confidence, reduce turnover, & build in check point
We deliver an excellent customer experience
- Work lunch, dinner and weekends to know your business/customer trends/needs
- Set the example of what an excellent memorable customer experience looks like showing MOD style - 4Gs
- Ensure the fundamentals of hospitality (Friendly, Attentive, Speed & Accuracy) are consistently executed throughout the day and week
- Ensure every Squad member is living the 5 Core Beliefs and the 4 Gs (Grit, Growth, Generosity & Gratitude)
- Mentor in the moment when standards are not being met and celebrate when they are!
- Be encouraging of your team even with the seas are rough! Celebrate successes!
- Support the Squad with ensuring safe (food safety checks), delicious and consistent food quality
- Conduct a mini Blue-Print daily (OLO, Food, Ops Make Line, Hospitality & Prep)
We lead a successful business
- Involve your store in the community
- Work with your DM to understand your CM% targets and work to hit them
- Adhere to all Safety, Security and Cash Handling standards and procedures
- Execute marketing tactics in store (i.e. fundraisers, signage)
- Lead the Squad to engage our customers in loyalty programs
- Support the Captains and AGM with understanding and managing to labor model
- Support the Squad with food, kitchen, and other costs through shrink management
- Inventory management, purchasing, and ordering
- Control other expenses
- Help drive increases in comp sales through engaged squad which leads to excellent customer experiences
TEACH YOUR AGM IN PREPARATION FOR THEIR OWN POTENTIAL ROLE AS A GM
- Hone the AGM's skills in performance management by mentoring the AGM on the following, while not allowing them to independently perform: Hiring, promotions, raises, terminations, and creation and communication of weekly schedules
- Tenacious spirit for owning their own business
- Minimum of 6 months AGM experience or equivalent
- Must have 2+ years of Restaurant Management and Direct Responsibility for P&L
- Training, Developing, and Leading Teams
- Ordering, Receiving, and Controlling Inventory
- College Education in Business or Related Field may substitute a portion of required experience
- Strong communication skills
- High level of accountability
As a member of our Squad, you will be working in a kitchen environment, rotating between front and back of house. This requires walking, bending, twisting, reaching, stooping, kneeling, crouching, pushing and pulling to handle or move objects weighing up to 50 pounds. You will also be asked to operate hand-held appliances and simple kitchen equipment (industrial can opener, dough press, industrial dishwasher, etc.). Depending on the location, you may need to go up and down stairs. The ability to communicate and exchange information with coworkers and others is also required. The ability to comply with all public health requirements, including wearing a mask, is required.Working Conditions High noise levels due to operations, customers and overhead music (including, but not limited to, rock, punk and alternative) May be indoor or outdoor setting depending on store (varied weather conditions are expected); including delivering order curbside to the customer Will work near moving or mechanical parts Varying schedule to include evenings, holidays and extended hours as business dictates Must be authorized to work in the United States
Want to help us spread MODness? Apply today!
MOD welcomes people from all backgrounds and walks of life, and it's reflected in our largely diverse community of MOD Squaders. MOD is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and is committed to providing equal opportunity for all employees and applicants. MOD recruits, hires, trains, promotes, compensates, and administers all personnel actions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sex stereotyping, pregnancy (which includes pregnancy, childbirth, and medical conditions related to pregnancy, childbirth, or breastfeeding), gender, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, age, mental or physical disability, ancestry, medical condition, marital status, military or veteran status, citizenship status, sexual orientation, genetic information, or any other status protected by applicable law.
This Job Description is not intended to be all-inclusive. We all may be assigned other related duties as assigned to meet the ongoing needs of the organization.
Key words: Restaurant General Manager, GM, Store Manager, General Manager, Assistant General Manager, AGM, Restaurant Manager, Operations Manager, Team LeaderPERKS
- Free meal each shift (50% off when dining with guests - off shift)
- Access to employee support & development
- Awesome MOD swag: t-shirts, bandanas, stickers, etc.
Giving back is part of the MOD culture.
Throughout the year, you and other MOD Squad members have opportunities to give back to the community - what we call "Spreading MODness." This includes participating in fundraisers, packing meals for families struggling with hunger, and sponsoring other activities in your area.
We offer access...
RetailView all jobs at MOD Pizza