Production Mechanic Technician
MOC Products Company Inc Los Angeles, CA
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
MOC Products Company Inc. (MOC®) is a leading provider of innovative products, equipment, and technology solutions for the automotive industry since 1954. Headquartered in Pacoima, CA., MOC® maintains and manufactures over 300 products, tools, and customized service-drive programs. We operate regional facilities throughout the United States and have a network of Distributors covering the US, Mexico, and numerous foreign countries.
We are searching for a customer service-oriented Production Maintenance Technician with great communication skills, self-started, organized, and high working ethics to join our team. The ideal candidate is experienced in repairing and maintaining machinery, equipment, physical structures, and plumbing and electrical systems of industrial establishment.
Essential Job Responsibilities
- Maintain filling lines, aqueous, blending and kitting areas, set up of filling line for production.
- Dismantles machines or equipment, replaces defective parts and motors, and adjusts feed mechanisms.
- Cleans and lubricates machine parts such as shafts, pulleys, gears, and bearings.
- Replaces or repairs machine belts.
- Removes dust, dirt, grease, and waste material from machines.
- Bends and cuts conduit and wire, and drills holes in walls, floors, and ceilings for electrical connections.
- Connects wire to motors, fixtures, and other electrical equipment, replaces switches and fuses, and splices wire and insulates wire with friction tape.
- Bends, cuts, and threads pipe, cuts openings in walls, ceilings, and floors for pipes, and seals pipe joints with sealing compound.
- Cuts out and joins (welds or solders) parts for worktables, benches, shelves and other equipment.
- Cleans work area, tools, and equipment.
- Performs other routine duties assigned by Manager.
- High School education and 5+ years of experience in process-oriented warehouse/shipping operations and/or related industry.
- Ability to read, write English and understand documents such as safety rules, operating instructions and procedures manuals. Ability to effectively communicate with co-workers and outside vendors or suppliers.
- Forklift certification is a must.
- Solid skills with routine tools such as hammers, saws, screwdrivers, etc.
- Able to lift and/or move up to 50 pounds
- Knowledge of rotary, inline and piston filling machines such as Biner Ellison, US Bottlers and Fowler.
- Familiar with Resina capping machines, induction sealers, CIJ printers, automatic front/back and wrap label machines, conveyors including AC and DC motors and controls
- Experience with PLC programming and wiring such as Allen Bradley and Siemens
- Experience with PD Pumps including Diaphragm, Gear and Centrifugal.
- Knowledge of Air compressor systems
- Must have electrical knowledge including 3 phase power systems
- Some experience in fabrication including metal working, welding and grinding.
- Experience with machine safety systems including Door safety locks and light curtains.
- Experience with 5 -10 hp Mixers
- Possess strong plumbing skills both with PVC and Galvanized pipe.
Work Environment The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly exposed to moving mechanical parts. The employee is frequently exposed to fumes or airborne particles. The employee is occasionally exposed to wet and/or humid conditions; high, precarious places; toxic or caustic chemicals and vibration. The noise level in the work environment is usually loud.
MOC Products Company Inc
AddressLos Angeles, CA
ManufacturingView all jobs at MOC Products Company Inc