The Quality Engineer will be responsible for overseeing Mobile Products and providing Best-in-Class experience to our customers. The position will define and implement processes for setting up procedures for deep-dive analysis, resolving issues and will be responsible for driving necessary resources for successful completion of resolution. These responsibilities will include specification working with internal engineering team, device quality team, and customers for quality management and ongoing improvements.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
• Proactively evaluate products throughout its life cycle and drive higher standard of measurement.
• Training leads, test technicians and inspectors on new products that are set-up and lead a group of device quality inspectors to deep-dive device quality issues on a daily basis in all service channels.
• Supporting special project based on each product launch in US to ensure the quality of HHP devices and perform root-cause analysis for any of suspected defect from the device on-site.
• Manage on on-going quality issues, drive corrective actions cross-functionality with internal and external teams, and analyze the effectiveness of corrective action items.
• Setting up new process and supporting existing processes by interfacing with the applicable support groups and obtaining feedback to minimize communications problems and maximize efficiencies.
• Generate product quality plan and strategy for continuously improving performance at every levels.
• Generating formal reports documenting and informing management of the results and issues found on returned phone inspection and responsible for communicating with the internal department regarding product quality and working for continuous improvement in a timely manner.
• Being responsible for monitoring, collecting and collating field failure data using field metrics.
• Interacts with all customers experiencing quality problems to identify issues in the field.
• 3+ years of experience in telecommunication engineering field; developing process quality plans, quality audits, and driving corrective actions and failure analysis efforts.
• Working knowledge of product development, quality management, general manufacturing and service operations.
• BS or MS in Engineering is preferred
• Understand ISO 9000 or experience with statistical process control / FMEA applications and Lean Six Sigma
• Advanced skills with MS Office, including Visio
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English.
• US citizen or permanent resident
• The ability to understand significant knowledge of circuit design of wireless handsets
• The ability to development and maintain excellent working relationships with multiples levels within the company and with external contacts including customers, authorized service agents, sales & equipment service representatives, etc.
• The ability to gather and analyze data from multiple sources, prepare spreadsheets, charts, graphs and tables of information and to plan and prioritize multiple work assignments.
• The ability to read, write, provide critical technical review and prepare reports, technical manuals, test procedures and technical product information.
• Work under very little supervision and guidance to identify and ensure achievement of production team goals and to complete individual work assignments within established time frames.
• The demonstrated ability to solve problems involving highly diverse conditions requiring creativity to search for solutions among learned things.
Physical/Mental Demands and Working Conditions:
• Operate PC and product test equipment more than 50% of work time in an alternating sedentary and highly mobile position.
• Perform a field testing and customer interview based on project and quality requirement more than 50% of work time
• Lift, move, or adjust general test equipment, boxes, supplies, materials or products weighing up to 50 pounds using proper materials handling equipment and procedures.
• High level of visual acuity, numeric/character distinction and moderate color distinction for accurate test equipment operation, for information analysis and error recognition.
• High hand/finger dexterity with fine motor coordination skills to perform electronic component repair work.
• Machines, tools, equipment, and work aids representative and commonly associated with electronic component test, assembly and repair work including test equipment, testing devices, technician hand tools, cables, etc.; first aid kit is available and prescription safety glasses are required in certain test areas.
• International and domestic travel – 50%
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $30.00 to $35.00 /hour