Medical Receptionist - Carroll County Region
- Posted: over a month ago
- $16 to $18 Hourly
Full Time Medical Receptionist - Carroll County
ExpressCare Urgent Care Centers is currently seeking flexible and dependable Medical Receptionists with the ability to multi-task in a high paced environment to join our team. Our locations are open 7 days a week from 9am-9pm. All full-time employees work 3 shifts per week in their marketed area. Open availability and the ability to work weekends and holidays is required. Applicants must be willing to work at any ExpressCare location due to a staffing or center emergency or reduction of work.
Carroll County Region
ExpressCare Mt Airy
ExpressCare Owings Mills
Children's Pediatric Urgent Care Westminster
The Medical Receptionist is responsible to answer and direct calls, register patients, greet patients, and obtain and verify patient information. This role will create and update patient records while maintaining confidentiality and complying with HIPAA regulations. The Medical Receptionist duties and responsibilities include but are not limited to:
· Answers telephone. Relay information abut the practice within the limits of practice policy. Routes clinical questions and emergency calls to the clinical staff or provider according to established policy.
· Register patients, including assisting with check in, verifying address, telephone as well as all patient demographics for new and returning patients
· Verify accuracy and maintain confidentiality of patient paperwork and information
· Office duties including distributing mail, answering emails, and sending a fax
· Verify compatible insurance and collect required documentation
· Collect and enter patient payments into patient accounting system to include applicable co-pays and outstanding balances
· Check out departing patients
· Scan and attach forms, x-ray reports, EKGs and other medical documents to electronic medical record
· Maintain a clean waiting room and front desk area
· Assist clinical staff, as needed
· Performs other duties as assigned
Minimum education and professional requirements include but are not limited to
· Medical Receptionist certification, preferred
· Customer service experience, required
· Exceptional demeanor and positive attitude
· Customer service and multi-tasking
· Administrative knowledge
· Medical office experience a plus!
· Must be able to adhere to attendance policy
· Able to work quickly and maintain fast-paced environment
· Able to work in multiple locations and have reliable transportation
· COVID-19 Vaccine, required
· Excellent written and verbal communication skills
· Ability to work 12 plus hour shifts
· Ability to sit, stand, and walk for longer periods of time
· Ability to lift up to 25 pounds, as neededCOVID-19 Considerations
To keep our staff as safe as possible, we have installed clear plastic barriers, and provided masks, gloves, face shields, and hand sanitizer. We have implemented social distancing policies and are following all CDC guidelines.
Full-Time 9a-9p, 3 shifts per week with rotating weekends. All centers are open 7 days a week including holidays.
MNR Industries LLC
AddressMount Airy, MD
HealthcareView all jobs at MNR Industries LLC