Ecological Field Technician - Vegetation Management
- Posted: over a month ago
MNL, a leader in ecological restoration, has an opening for an Ecological Field Technician for our Vegetation Management department. This is an entry-level position which is responsible for performing various vegetation management job duties.
What we offer:
- MNL offers a flexible workplace.
- New and extended learning opportunities.
- MNL is willing to train the right candidate that aligns with our core values and want to help us heal the earth.
- MNL offers the highest wages in the industry.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Completes a variety of vegetation management duties, utilizing various types of equipment, such as weed whips, backpack sprayers, chainsaws and ATVs, among other equipment.
- Completes noxious and invasive weed control activities through a combination of herbicide applications, weed whipping, hand weeding, brush cutting and prescribed burning.
- Maintains work records and associated paperwork, including daily worklogs and herbicide treatments.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's degree in Ecology, Biology, Wildlife Management, Botany, Environmental Studies, Natural Resources Management or related fields; or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- 1+ years of experience working in vegetation management, including herbicide handling and application, as well as experience with native and invasive species plant identification preferred.
- Experience working on a prescribed burn crew or NWCG S-130/190 course completion desirable.
- Experience with the safe operation and general maintenance of tools and equipment, such as pumps, small engines, sprayers, tractors, ATV/UTVs, trailers, mowers and other equipment used in vegetation management.
- Ability to read and navigate maps, as well as accurately follow directions.
- Basic computer knowledge, including proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Must have, or be willing to acquire, a commercial pesticide applicator license.
- Must be able to pass a criminal background check.
- Demonstrated success with living the company's values of passion for the mission to "Heal the Earth", craftsmanship, innovation, grit, and positivity.
- Must be able to lift up to 50 lbs.
- Able to bend, stretch, push, pull, reach and move as needed in order to complete various vegetation management duties.
- Prolonged periods of time standing.
- Able to work long hours, including early mornings, late evenings and occasional weekends; work hours may be reduced during the winter season.
- Able to travel daily to various worksites with occasional overnight stays required.
- Must be able to work in varying weather conditions, including extreme heat and extreme cold.
MNL was founded in 1998 as an Ecological Restoration company that specializes in the preservation and restoration of native plant communities throughout Minnesota and the Midwest. Our dedicated staff has experience designing, installing, and maintaining native ecosystems for: government entities, corporate campuses, energy providers and distributers, and the general public. In addition to our extensive service offerings, we also produce a wide variety of native plants and seed. MNL operates out of four locations in Minnesota, with our headquarters just off I-94 in Otsego. For more information, please visit our website at www.MNLcorp.com. Join us in our mission to heal the earth by positively impacting 10 million acres by 2030!