Equipment Operator - Construction
MNL Monticello, MN
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
MNL, a leader in ecological restoration, is looking for an Equipment Operator to work for our Construction department. This position operates a variety of equipment, as well as performs other job duties for various restoration landscape projects.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Performs various job duties, both in and out of equipment, involved with the successful installation of small to large scale restoration projects including, but not limited to site grading, excavating, materials placement and installation.
- Operates a variety of equipment, which includes agricultural tractors, backhoes, trailers, skid-loaders, excavators, front-end loaders, dozers, as well as other equipment used to complete a variety of installation projects.
- Utilizes chainsaws and brush-saws as need.
- Maintains work records and associated paperwork, including daily work logs and herbicide treatments.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- 1+ years of experience working in restoration landscaping or agriculture preferred.
- Bachelor's degree in Ecology, Biology, Wildlife Management, Botany, Environmental Studies, Natural Resources Management or related fields preferred; or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Experience with the safe operation and general maintenance of tools and equipment, such as tractors, loaders, dozers, and other equipment used for installation projects.
- Background in basic equipment maintenance and repair.
- General understanding of equipment capabilities and functions.
- Must have, or be willing to acquire within the first 3 months with company assistance, a class A CDL driver's license.
- Ability to read and navigate maps, as well as accurately follow directions.
- Basic computer knowledge, including proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite preferred.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Must have, or be willing to acquire, a commercial pesticide applicator license.
- Passionate about the company's mission to Heal the Earth.
- Demonstrated success with living the company's values of passion for the mission, craftsmanship, innovation, real grit, and positivity.
- Must be able to lift up to 50 lbs.
- Able to bend, stretch, push, pull, reach and move as needed in order to complete various vegetation management duties.
- Prolonged periods of time standing.
- Able to work long hours, including early mornings, late evenings and occasional weekends; operating hours may be reduced during the winter season.
- Able to travel daily to various work sites within the state with overnight stays required.
- Must be able to work in varying weather conditions, including extreme heat and extreme cold.
Union Status: Non-represented
MNL was founded in 1998 as an Ecological Restoration company that specializes in the preservation and restoration of native plant communities throughout Minnesota and the Midwest. Our dedicated staff has experience designing, installing, and maintaining native ecosystems for: government entities, corporate campuses, energy providers and distributers, and the general public. In addition to our extensive service offerings, we also produce a wide variety of native plants and seed. MNL operates out of four locations in Minnesota, with our headquarters just off I-94 in Otsego. For more information, please visit our website at www.MNLcorp.com. Join us in our mission to heal the earth by positively impacting 10 million acres by 2030!
ConstructionView all jobs at MNL