Help Desk Technician II
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
The primary purpose of this position is to provide slightly advanced (Tier 2) technical support to our clients for both computer and telephony needs.
· Serve as an escalation point and resource for Help Desk Technician I positions.
· Provide Tier 1 and Tier 2 technical support for clients calling in as well as follow up with clients that have open tickets in the system. Escalate anything more advanced as needed.
· Address requests in a timely manner. If problem cannot be addressed right away, stay in constant communication with client so they are aware of status.
· Assist customers with Tier 1 and Tier 2 support for MS Windows 2003-2016 Operating Systems, Windows 7-10 PCs, Cisco Routers and Switches, and Polycom phone end points.
· Troubleshoot Windows 7-10, MacOS devices, Microsoft Office products and VOIP Phone System both in-office and with remote workers.
· Assist with the installation and configuration of desktop and laptop computers, servers, storage devices, networking equipment, peripheral equipment and software for MNJ internal and external systems.
· Assist the MNJ Build and Configuration Center staff with configuration-to-order, computing hardware setup, device configuration, PC and Server imaging and testing services to MNJ customers and employees.
· Answer queued calls and ensure that the customers receive a superior support experience. This includes, listening attentively and respond to customer complaints while documenting notes into the ticketing system.
· Document all trouble calls and alarms which are required for support.
· Support calls in regards to desktops, printers, laptops, telephones and account administration.
· Maintain a customer focused etiquette to gather required information. This includes but is not limited to greeting callers, establishing a rapport, and projecting a professional tone while recording the statistics necessary on each call.
· Maintain and track inventory in company software system on an as needed basis.
· Must be willing to handle issues from initial call through resolution while keeping in constant communication with client.
· Train and mentor Help Desk Technician I staff and document process enhancements.
· Other duties as assigned.
· High school diploma or equivalent.
· At least 3 years of experience in a help desk or technical support role. At least 1 of those years must include Advanced (Tier 2) phone and interpersonal networking experience.
· Some experience in Active Directory and MS Exchange administration.
· Must be available to work on a rotating schedule, which can include weekend and night shifts.
· Must possess outstanding customer service skills.
· Ability to utilize knowledge and experience from previous technical issues and apply it to current and future technical problems.
· Strong knowledge of Windows Operating System and general Microsoft troubleshooting. Basic network troubleshooting, and hardware knowledge (I.E. Rack and Stack, Desktop and Laptop Repair/Assembly) required.
· Must be able to sort through complex issues and conduct comparative analysis of multiple solutions.
· Must be able to read, write, speak, and understand the English language.
· Must possess the ability to deal tactfully with customers, employees, and the general public.
MNJ is an EEO/AA/Disability/Vets Employer
MNJ recognizes that our employees are our biggest asset and that is why we stress the importance of our culture and climate in our daily work. We value and treat our colleagues with respect and promote working hard but also having fun at work. Our team is a passionate group of individuals in every department that are looking to give our clients the best experience possible. MNJ offers great benefits including health insurance, 401k match program and a PTO policy.
1025 Busch ParkwayBuffalo Grove, IL
TechnologyView all jobs at MNJ Technologies
Get fresh Help Desk Technician Tier 2 jobs daily straight to your inbox!
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.