MNCP Staffing Las Vegas, NV
- Posted: over a month ago
- Management and training of 30+ Las Vegas Region Support Specialists and Market Engineers.
- Design dynamic schedule and balance support requirements / staffing levels to effectively address the day-to-day IT needs of all Las Vegas properties.
- Manage the LV IT Operations ticketing queue and ensure issues are prioritized and assigned appropriately amongst staff members. Work with corporate IT teams on directing and training staff to the proper resolution categorizations for accurate metrics.
- Coordinate and assign resource allocations as needed for all Las Vegas special events, relocations, and projects.
- Act as a key escalation point for VIP and high-priority service needs, including participation in an on-call rotation for critical-priority issues.
- Work with the local IT Projects team as well as corporate Innovation / PMO to provide resources for new initiatives and upgrades while maintaining resource levels for ongoing operations.
- Ensure Market Engineer team members maintain compliance with Nevada Gaming Control regulations and perform operational tasks for that maintenance.
- Provide specialized technical problem solving and problem resolution skills.
- Work with management and Enterprise IT to resolve complex business, computer system and data communication problems.
- Install, upgrade and maintain gaming hardware & software products.
- Plan and coordinate all hardware installations, changes and updates with vendors and users, adhering to the I.T. Change Control Process.
- Administer and control updates/changes to production programs, files and databases.
- Recommend application design changes to management and Enterprise IT to maximize resources.
- Plan, schedule and load new versions of the Host Platform operating system and related vendor patches or temporary fixes as defined in the Product Support Agreement.
- Provide first- or second-level problem determination/ isolation and recovery support for Host Platform computer systems.
- Update, direct and escalate problems for final resolution. Analyze and recommend tools and service aids for system/network operation and problem determination. Report results from technical research, system performance reports and problem resolutions to upper-management.
- Collect and analyze system data for quality assurance of technical design and optimum system performance. Adjust system parameters to achieve peak system performance.
- Administer systems and tools to analyze and secure computer system programs and database files to comply with audit and regulatory requirements.
- Assist in the research, evaluation and support of new technologies (hardware and software) for ongoing productivity and resource improvements.
- Assists in planning by communicating with project / product teams, clients and vendors.
- Effectively contributes to the engineering process and roles as outlined in the HIT project management methodologies.
- Recommends changes for improved system implementations/modifications.
- Practices, and adheres to system management criteria and policies and procedures.
- Practices, and enforces change control process.
- Ensures established enterprise standards are followed and enforced during system implementations.
- Ensures that the infrastructure resources meet committed user expectations, including projects for future usage and growth.
- Provides consistent support for existing infrastructure and programs. Updates and adjusts service, product, and support as needed.
- Analyzes infrastructure for evidence of unsatisfactory or unusual operating conditions.
- Builds knowledge of products and direction through vendor interaction.
- Appropriately leverages vendor resources to efficiently resolve issues.
KNOWLEDGE AND EXPERIENCE
1 - 3 years work experience in a technical support environment, supporting multiple high-end computer systems in a supervisory role.
General understanding of production operating systems, transaction processing systems, relational database architecture, wide and local area networks, communication protocols, real-time systems, mission-critical gaming systems, IT industry standards, as well as various types of computer terminal equipment.
Associates degree in a computer-science related field or equivalent experience in a multiple Host Platform technical support environment required.
AddressLas Vegas, NV
EngineeringView all jobs at MNCP Staffing