This position is responsible for supporting the CFO in execution of the Accounting Department function and in the maintenance and preservation of the books and records of the company. The scope of the duties include, but are not limited to hands-on management of the Payroll, Accounts Receivable and Accounts Payable functions to ensure that all clients are invoiced correctly while vendors and employees are paid timely. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of this position. Those essential functions include, but are not limited to:
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
Oversee the activities of the Payroll Processing Team (who are currently contractors) responsible for the following tasks:
- Intervene as needed with Program Managers, Site Supervisors and Corporate Staff on behalf of the Payroll Processing Team to enforce deadlines for document submissions, resolve failures in timekeeping practices, and other ensure payroll is done timely and accurately. Escalate issues as needed to the CFO.
- Review, proof and release the weekly Payroll upon the completion of the Payroll Processing Team’s activity.
- Safeguard and preserve all electronic records related to payroll activities in the Shared Folder including who has access to files and ability to alter any files.
- Create controls and audit trails for storage of documents in a Shared Folder.
- Assist the Data Systems Manager with configuring file structures to be used.
- Manage garnishment and spousal/child support withholding process.
- Maintain WinTeam tables related to payroll tax withholding, unemployment, statutory disability and benefit deductions. Manage all payroll tax disputes.
Facilitate the proofing of the payroll, benefit and tax deduction setups for all employees added, modified, or deleted by Human Resources to ensure data is accurate, setups are correct and supporting documentation such as bank deposit information is entered as provided.
- Manage the annual updates to the payroll deduction files arising from Benefit Open Enrollment conducted in the October/November time frame for Plan years beginning January 1st
- Manage client billings and collections in the Accounts Receivable module of WinTeam. Generally the billings are a monthly process but there are some clients that are billed biweekly. The deadline for generating monthly invoices is the 7th business day of the month.
- Administer the Accounts Payable function for all disbursements in WinTeam.
- Experience in management of Payroll Processes in a multi-contract, multi-state Government Contracting environment.
- Prior experience with WinTeam or a comparable integrated enterprise system is highly preferred (QuickBooks is not an enterprise system).
- Quantitatively Skilled with focus on Problem Identification and Solving. Possess strong math skills, able to review numbers for reasonableness, and be prepared to challenge data in reports for accuracy and potential programming problems.
Requirements & Qualifications:
- At least one year of payroll processing or transactional accounting experience.
- Must be able to read, write, understand, and speak the English language in a professional, clear and concise manner.
- Moderate to Advanced Excel programming skills complemented by proofing and validating skills.
- Moderate to Advanced Word document creation, editing and publishing skills.
- Experience in the reading and interpretation of complex policies and procedures.
- Preferred experience in use of advanced payroll systems similar to WinTeam including Deltek, ADP, or others used in government contracting.
- Ability to read and interpret tax advisories.
MNCP StaffingDaniel Island, SC
Finance and Insurance
Explore similar jobsMore Jobs Like This
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.