Environmental Engineer / Environmental Scientist
- $50,000 to $100,000 Yearly
- Vision , Medical , Dental , Retirement
MNA Environmental, an environmental design, studies, and consulting firm, is looking for candidates for a Project Manager with an environmental science background. The successful candidate will have a minimum B.S. in engineering, geology, environmental science, or a related science field, with a successful work history and relevant experience conducting environmental investigation and/or consulting, including environmental compliance and permitting.
MNA is a growing small business that values teamwork, integrity, and the pursuit of excellence in our work. MNA has offices in Hilo, Oahu, and Guam to support government clients on various projects throughout the state and the Pacific Region and commercial clients in Hawaii.
This is a mid-level environmental consulting position. The position involves project management and consulting in environmental investigations, assessments, permitting, and reporting. The duties may include but are not limited to:
- Project development and management
- Planning and conducting investigations, such as Phase I Environmental Site Assessments per ASTM standards
- Planning and conducting environmental surveys, including site inspections and sampling soil and groundwater for analysis of environmental pollutants
- Writing reports; reviewing, / editing reports drafted by others
- Researching environmental compliance and issues as well as federal, state, and local regulations, and various agency protocols
- Applying for environmental permits
The position requires the following:
- A formal education in environmental science, engineering, biology, chemistry, geology, or a related science field. An associate’s degree or certificate will be considered, but a bachelor’s or master’s degree is a plus.
- A valid driver’s license and clean driving record.
- Ability to use a Windows operating system computer, including Microsoft Word and Excel at the intermediate level.
- Ability to obtain base passes for U.S. military installations.
- Ability to travel throughout the Pacific Region and beyond.
The following are desirable but not required:
- U.S. Citizen
- Knowledge of federal and state environmental laws and regulations
- OSHA HAZWOPER or other relevant certification
The successful candidate will have a strong work ethic, willingness to learn, communication skills, respect for different opinions, and interest in environmental issues. The successful candidate must demonstrate the ability to work independently and communicate effectively with team members. The position will be located in Aiea, HI. Project-related travel throughout the Pacific Region is expected. Compensation is commensurate with experience and training. Benefits will be discussed at the start of employment.
MNA’s headquarters are located in Aiea on Oahu, with offices in Hilo, Guam, with a reporting center in Michigan. Besides its strategic presence in the Pacific and the U.S. Mainland, MNA is attuned to local cultures and is uniquely able to utilize the multi-cultural and multi-discipline technical labor pool. During the past 10 years, an average of 12 to 15 MNA staff members engaged in projects for U.S. Federal; State of Hawaii, Guam, and CNMI governments; Counties of Oahu, Hawaii, Kauai, and Maui; and commercial clients for environmental site assessments, NEPA Environmental Assessment/HRS 343, industrial hygiene, compliance, and design and construction support.
98-025 Hekaha Street‘Aiea, HI
Energy and Environment
Get fresh Environmental Engineer / Environmental Scientist jobs daily straight to your inbox!
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.