CWI Welding Inspector
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Seeking an experienced Certified Welding Inspector with (AWS) American Welding Society CWI Certification. Inspector will travel for work conducting inspections in MD, DC and VA. Must be willing to work out of Rockville, MD. Candidates must have reliable transportation, current Class C driver's license, and current vehicular insurance.
Our ideal candidate will be comfortable engaging with clients on construction sites. Will have an ability to maintain effective working relationships with managers, co-workers and clients through clear communication and proactive progress reporting.
In this role you will ensure welding processes, procedural instructions, evaluations, inspection processes, etc. are held to customer and code requirements of all fabrication performed.
- Must have (AWS) American Welding Society CWI Certification
- Must have 5+ years of experience as a CWI Welding Inspector
- Must have Ultrasonic Testing (UT) experience (certification is highly preferred)
- Must have Magnetic Particle Inspection (MPI), which is a non-destructive testing (NDT) experience (certification is highly preferred)
- Must be able to read plans and specifications with inspection duties and requirements.
- Position involves visual inspection of structural steel, including bolted and welded connections, field inspection and performing non-destructive testing.
- Experience with fabricated work, i.e., assembly and bolted connections, decking and weld connections, roofing, building envelope, wood framing, red iron light gauges, painting and fireproofing and firestopping, and steel framing is a plus.
Inspectors will have experience identifying value-added services and new opportunities on existing sites. Successful applicants will be able to manage the day identifying timelines for scheduling visits with clients and managing changes in the schedule. A successful applicant will also observe worksite safety standards, and submit reports related to the work performed. Inspectors must be able to write daily field reports and use technology to submit reports.
MN International Enterprises LLC
Get fresh Welding Inspector jobs daily straight to your inbox!