MMS Group Columbia, SC
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
For more than forty years, MMS Group and its affiliates (Arco Management, TUC Management and GoldOller Real Estate Investments) has been dedicated to quality property management. Our growing portfolio exceeds 40,000 residential units and includes high-rise luxury buildings, affordable housing cooperatives, subsidized rental properties, supportive housing, and conventional apartment buildings. Our clients include progressive building owners, governmental agencies, real estate entrepreneurs, financiers, not-for-profit organizations, and cooperative and condominium boards. While each community and client are unique, each shares our singular commitment to excellence.
If you are interested in joining a growing team of dedicated professionals in our high-tech environment, then we invite you to learn more about MMS career opportunities. We offer competitive salaries and benefits and afford our employees the ability for growth and advancement through continuous training and education programs. Contact us today to see how you can achieve your MMS Edge.
We are seeking an experienced Maintenance Technician for a residential building located in Columbia, SC. Under the direction of the Property Manager and the Maintenance Supervisor, the Maintenance Technician is responsible for preparation and repairs of the physical property.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Basic Carpentry skills needed to install kitchen cabinetry, etc.
- Basic Electrical skills, needed to wiring switches, etc.
- Basic Plumbing skills, needed to need to replace faucets, etc.
- Must be able to handle multiple tasks.
- Respond to maintenance requests and repairs by tenants.
- Handle the turnover of empty units, including installation of sheet rock, taping, sanding, painting, fixing doors, windows and light fixtures.
- Installation of tile and laminate flooring.
- Respond to emergency calls relating to building maintenance.
- Assist in maintaining the parking lot and walkways during the winter.
- Report all issues to the Property Manager and Maintenance Supervisor.
- On-call rotation required
- Other maintenance duties as assigned by the Property Manager and Maintenance Supervisor.
Qualifications for this position
- Minimum high school education or equivalent.
- 2 years experience in multifamily maintenance and experience involving public contact preferred.
- Valid driver's license and current vehicle insurance.
- Required use of personal automobile for local job and/or van.
- Possession of basic tools needed to perform routine maintenance tasks.
- Formal training or experience in the following areas electrical work; painting; refurbishing and Authority's "Maintenance Test".
- Willingness to pitch in and work in areas other than repairs and maintenance, i.e. gardening, painting, etc.
- Physical aspects of the job may require heavy lifting, bending, kneeling, stooping, climbing, balancing, and carrying.
- Demonstrate a neat, clean and maintenance standards.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Real EstateView all jobs at MMS Group