MMI Hospitality Group Flowood, MS
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
The financial analyst manages and completes a wide variety of financial analysis, prepares proformas for potential development and third-party management contracts, coordinates the annual budgeting and monthly forecasting process, and assists with the preparation of various presentations to MMI board of directors and executive management. This position requires at least one (1) year of experience in hospitality consulting, asset management, feasibility and/or investment analysis function.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Perform special projects for CFO.
- Conduct market research and perform due diligence in connection with the pursuit of prospective acquisition and new development projects.
- Explore growth opportunities for parent company to expand beyond existing business strategies.
- Screen and underwrite potential hotel acquisition, Joint-Venture (JV) and new development opportunities for select-service, full-service, and boutique/lifestyle projects with Dir of Business Development.
- Assist in modeling contract food service arrangements and investments.
- Prepare hotel pro forma and valuation analyses.
- Preparation of high-quality power point presentations for owners, investors, and partners.
- Assist in preparation of debt financing and equity memorandums for new projects.
- Assist in preparation of RFP responses and due diligence for prospective management opportunities.
- Manage internal financial and market databases.
- Maintain the M3 Insight business intelligence and budgeting and forecasting system.
- Coordinate and manage the annual budget and monthly forecasting process including timeline, maintain budget and forecasting templates, perform budget reviews and conduct budget and forecast training.
- Participate in company-provided training for skills advancement and leadership development
- Communicate with co-workers, owners, and others in a courteous and professional manner
- Conform with and abide by all regulations, polices, work procedures and instructions as provided
- Build a network with hotel brokers and owners to vet and source potential hotel acquisition opportunities
- Work with CEO in managing the flow of off-market and broker hotel deals
- Regular and timely attendance
Additional Job Duties:
- Special projects as assigned by management or ownership.
- All other duties as assigned.
QUALIFICATIONS AND REQUIREMENTS
Education and/or Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting or finance from accredited four-year college or university.
- One (1) year of experience in hospitality consulting, asset management, feasibility and/or investment analysis function.
- Solid understanding of the valuation of real estate and proficiency with applying principles of corporate finance.
- Working knowledge of Uniform System of Accounts for Hotels.
- Understanding of the principles of the highest and best use and land economics.
- Knowledge of hotel industry brands.
- Strong software proficiency, including manipulating financial spreadsheet software, word processing, database software, and mapping software.
- Strong knowledge of Excel modeling.
- Experience in and/or working knowledge of hotel operations.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Outstanding critical thinking and both quantitative and qualitative analytical skills; ability to utilize logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions, or avenues to problems.
- Ability to exercise sound judgment and decision-making skills to consider the relative costs and benefits of potential actions and to provide recommendations for efficient solutions.
- Ability to combine pieces of information to form general rules or conclusions even among seemingly unrelated events.
- Ability to handle several projects simultaneously, prioritize them, and communicate effectively with clients to manage expectations.
- Ability to embrace a team-player role with other departments, demonstrate initiative, and ownership of projects.
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to represent the role and MMI with utmost professionalism in various situations, including those involving external MMI partners.
- Excellent written and verbal communication and comprehension skills, including the ability to clearly explain complex analytical topics to a wide audience who may or may not be familiar with analytics or the subject matter.
- Exercises discretion and confidentiality regarding sensitive information.
- Ability to work well under pressure and effectively handle multiple, concurrent demands and appropriately prioritize responsibilities.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, high-energy and demanding work environment.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite, property management systems and point of sale systems.
- Strong interpersonal skills, problem solving and planning skills.
- Able to carry out tasks independently and accurately.
- Prior accounting experience, including both night audit, accounts payable and accounts receivable.
MS MMI Hospitality Group has strong roots in the hospitality industry going back 65 years. We opened our first hotel in Meridian, MS in 1956 and have grown to include over 50 properties in the southeastern US. Please click here to see the benefits offered by MMI.
The selected candidate must successfully complete a background check.
Powered by JazzHR
MMI Hospitality Group
Finance and InsuranceView all jobs at MMI Hospitality Group