Pay Rate $13.74 hr
Using a computerized system, responds to customer inquiries in a call center environment.
Responds to telephone inquiries and complaints using standard scripts and procedures.
Gathers information, assesses customer needs, researches/resolves inquiries and logs customer calls.
Provides clear and concise information about the status of a claim or Medicaid member
Enrolls/un-enrolls clients, and if applicable everyone on the case by phone or paperwork with a provider.
Acts as an advocate for the Medicaid client or Provider.
Educates clients about managed care access, rights and benefits through outreach scripts.
Check voicemail and Fax routers.
Verify images of documents.
Attend scheduled staff meetings.
Complete required assigned training.
Track daily task for quality review.
Report system outages or errors.
All other duties as assigned.
- Outgoing and energetic attitude
- Ability to communicate clearly and confidently
- Ability to multi-task
- Ability to analyze new situations and apply problem-solving skills
- Ability to relate to the customer
- Ability to remain calm under pressure
- Ability to adapt to and incorporate new technologies
- Ability to learn from past mistakes (and Successes!)
- Ability to manage time effectively
- General conversational ability and call control
- Attention to detail
- Grammar and spelling accuracy
- Preferred Skills:
- One year medical insurance or medical office experience
- Proficient 10-key by touch
- 45 wpm typing minimum with exemplary accuracy
Hours: normally 8-5 , M-F, Limited overtime may be required to meet contractual obligations.
Describe the physical requirements, (i.e.lifting, walking between 5 buildings, moving equipment)=Limited physical requirements. Typical office environment. Phone and keyboard for lengthy periods of time