Assembler II 3rd Shift (9:00 PM - 6:00 AM)
Pay Rate: $15.00
• Selects components, aligns, and assembles them in proper sequence by drilling holes, adding rivets, screws, bolts, braces, tape, cement or solder to meet specifications.
• Selects appropriate sub-assemblies or component parts and installs in the unit in specified sequence according to Sequence of Events (SOE).
• Applies wiring harnesses, sensors, and other electrical components in cabinet as per Sequence of Events (SOE). Recognizes color codes to insure that wiring and other color coded procedures meet guidelines. Reads electrical wiring diagrams to accomplish accurate assembly.
• Uses a wide range of hand tools, drill, rivet gun, saw, hy-pot tester, and drill press.
• Inspects parts during sub-assembly and at key points to ensure that unit meets specified quality standards prior to moving unit to the next workstation. Verifies that custom equipment changes have been made according to order and Smart Part Number.
• Cleans and packs final product using approved chemicals, Refers to Material Safety Data Sheets (MSDS) to insure safe handling and proper Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) is used around chemicals.
• Reorders raw materials and finished parts using the Kanban inventory system. Maintains Supermarket racks and inventory accuracy using the correct part numbers and bin locations.
• Performs other duties, provides support and coverage on all operations on line as requested by supervisor. Cross training and flexibility required.
• Maintains clean and organized work area that supports co-workers as well as safety, efficiency, quality and customer demands.
• Receives verbal instructions, reads production board or confers with Supervisor or Coordinators for instructions and priorities.
• Fully engaged, initiat:15 es activities that support department and team goals, suggests improvements in work methods and is actively involved with all of the team activities within the department.
• Supports Continuous Improvement, Practical Process Improvement (PPI) and Lean Manufacturing initiatives.
• Trains and mentors new employees or transitioning workers in the area.
• Communicates effectively within cell or with other departments to relay key information. Open to and asks for suggestions and opinions of others regarding production issues and goals.
• Performs all job duties within ISO standards.
• Performs all duties using required safety procedures and equipment according to company policies and practices.
• Performs all job duties consistent with the Code of Ethics and the 4-I Values, serves as a role model in the workplace.
• Utilizes computer systems to check e-mail, complete on line training and complete Performance Management and Development (PMD) annual review process.