Senior Mechanical Engineer (ME III)
- Posted: over a month ago
Space is our passion, and exploring is in our DNA.
MMA Design is a dynamic, growing aerospace company specializing in unique deployable mechanical systems and antenna payload solutions. Founded in Boulder in 2007, we are building a great team by attracting, developing, and retaining exceptional people who are passionate about enabling the smallsat revolution and beyond.
MMA values each employee’s unique contributions. If you are a versatile team player with a strong work ethic, positive attitude, and good interpersonal skills, this is an outstanding opportunity for you to grow your skills and responsibilities while gaining experience in designing and delivering highly engineered, precision deployable products for space applications.
Join our fun, collaborative and talented team who is committed to delivering high-quality, innovative products. Please respond with resume and references. Only US Citizens may apply.
About the Senior Mechanical Engineer Position
Job Description: Reporting to the Engineering Manager, the Senior Mechanical Engineer will work with the program team to develop mechanical and electromechanical components and systems which meet customer and company requirements.
- Distill system requirements into component and subsystem requirements.
- Specify system component requirements or direct modification of existing products to ensure conformance with engineering design intent and performance specifications.
- Design and evaluate mechanical/electromechanical products, equipment, systems and processes to meet program requirements by applying knowledge of engineering principles, including detailed analysis as appropriate.
- Generate engineering documentation including CAD models, drawings, schematics, and detailed procedures.
- Maintain configuration control of CAD models and engineering documentation using approved Product Data Management and Product Lifecycle Management tools.
- Recommend design modifications to improve performance, reduce schedule and/or reduce costs.
- Confer with engineers and other personnel to define assembly, test and operating procedures.
- Investigate system malfunctions or anomalies, identify root cause and corrective actions, and provide technical information to justify conclusions.
- Oversee assembly, test, integration, operation, maintenance and repair of products to ensure they are performing to specifications.
- Assist with development, coordination and monitoring of all aspects of production, including selection of manufacturing methods, design and fabrication of tooling and fixturing, and review of functional test procedures and testing methods.
- Generate and present technical information in report and oral presentation format.
- Support design reviews and proposal content.
- Provide guidance and mentorship to fellow engineers.
- Enable other engineers by delegating tasks and providing oversight.
Skills and Requirements:
- B.S. in mechanical engineering/related field with 8+ years of experience; master’s and PhD degree(s) in related field may be substituted for 2 years of experience per degree.
- Knowledgeable of space-industry standards for moving mechanical assemblies, material properties, design factors of safety, and product verification.
- Proficient with drafting practices including Geometric Dimensioning and Tolerancing.
- Experienced with mechanical engineering design using applicable CAD software.
- Skilled at performing appropriate engineering analyses.
- Effective at communication including technical writing and oral presentations.
- Capable of managing projects, including costs and schedules.
- Effective at time management.
MMA also values:
- Collaborative team players.
- Creative and resourceful problem solvers.
- Emerging leaders.
- Focus on excellence.
MMA Design LLC
ManufacturingView all jobs at MMA Design LLC